Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice UK - Week 9 - June 22nd, 2011

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Rhalliord

Can't believe Leon didnt twig that he worked for La Redoute (Sp?) before!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

The show is kinda bull****e innit!

It's all about keeping the ratings winners in that bit longer - while pretendng the eventual winner hasn't been decided before the very first episode is ever even shot....and this year it's all about Sugar investing £250,000 or whatever in the winning candidtes business.....but their businesses are not part of the competition - infact, we are never told anything about their businesses! I believe the Irish version is doing the same thing this year....but Bill is only investing 100,000 Euro.

What tripe!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

Tom you absolute legend. Admitting to Lord Sugar that you made a vital business decision based on a game of Rock, Paper, Scissors :D

Bill Cullen should take note... thats "liathroidí"

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Kdylass

when he admitted to 'rock paper scissors' it was a real laugh out loud moment - their faces were priceless

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Tom was trying to be fair to everyone on the team by attempting to give them all a chance of filling their order books knowing full well that if they failed the task whoever had the least sales would be most at risk of being fired.
    Clearly Lord Sugar et al don't consider trying to give everyone an equal opportunity is laudable in any way and would prefer to reward someone who tries to grab everything for him/herself ala Melody.

Sugar was playing to the camera with his "dilemma" at the end. There was no dilemma - it was a straight choice between Leon who hadn't done anything (other than act stupid and claim that since he couldn't speak French he deserved a pass) and Tom who had at least tried (even though he'd let Melody undermine him).

Btw Sugar is only itching to fire Natasha (yeah)- I expect her to go the next time she's on a losing team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Btw Sugar is only itching to fire Natasha (yeah)- I expect her to go the next time she's on a losing team.

LOL, dead right.

So annoying, yeah? The way she says "yeah" all the time, yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

fricatus wrote: »
    LOL, dead right.

So annoying, yeah? The way she says "yeah" all the time, yeah?

It makes her seem so patronising but I agree Lord Sugar really wants to fire her. It really annoys me that he admires Melodie for keeping everything for herself and views that as a positive. She'd want to watch herself though as we saw how that kind of confidence led to Paloma's downfall last year. I much prefer to work with Tom than Melodie.

Also agree I liked Jim at the start but there is a nasty side to him that has started to show...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I wouldn't call Jim nasty. It's like Nick always says, he tries to cover his arse constantly be making everyone agree with him. I actually think he's quite clever in that respect, he knows what the programme is about and he's playing the game. LS HATES him, but I think (and hope!) he gets to interviews. Margaret will sort him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭SoCo2009

Really liking this years show as ever and I'm really looking forward to this week's biscuit making challenge :D

I actually had a dream about this where I designed triangular chunky biscuits (good for dunking :p ) and named them 'Tea-riffic Triangles'

I thought it was a great idea! Anyone wanna provide capital for me to start launching 'Tea-riffic Triangles' ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭crisco10

I like Tom and I think he makes incredible sense a lot of the time. But the thought of him in the interviews makes me cringe. Surely he would get mauled!?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

SoCo2009 wrote: »

I thought it was a great idea! Anyone wanna provide capital for me to start launching 'Tea-riffic Triangles' ?

Idea swiped :pac:
    Got a problem? Sue me

I think everyone has done PM by now so I'm not sure who'll be up next week

Melody will get mauled in the interviews. Don't you know she trained with Al Gore, Demond Tutu and the monk from Tibet, forgotten the name

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

mikemac wrote: »
    Melody will get mauled in the interviews. Don't you know she trained with Al Gore, Demond Tutu and the monk from Tibet, forgotten the name
    Not just any old monk but the Dalai Lama himself!

Lord Siúcra seemed particularly impressed that she ran a charity for profit. :pac:

Advertisement