Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bored sittin at home? Carlow drummer seeks to establish new band!

• 22-06-2011 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,
    The idea now is to start a working covers band to rival the masses, i know cover bands are a dime a dozen but if your up for it we can do something and make ours better! crossing genres and messing up songs to the point there our own unique songs but people can still interact. For instance I like playing my acoustic drums with my electric drums added in for cool effects.

Basically im a drummer seeking a new or established cover band for pub gigs etc, i would love weekly gigs to help pay rent and have a bitta craic.
    Was in a decent band before where I was lucky enough to be offered cymbal endorsements twice now but I never took advantage due to band break up so hopefully I can get that back with the new band.
    I'm an extremely fast learner so if you need a fill in drummer im your man and i have a broad range with good gear plus transport,
    Age isn't an issue to me so it shouldn't be for you!

Im wanting to pay bills and live a little off this band and only like minded people who want to put their heart and soul into this should.

So what are you waiting for...lets jam and get somewhere :D
    cheers :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

No one even contemplating?

A good guitarist with good vocals would do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 davyb

send me a pm dude with your contact details and i'll get in touch might have something for ya... :)

pm'D :D

Everyones got a band so?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 smithfish

sounds good, id be up for that. i play acoustic guitar and sing a bit, also need to pay the bills. if your still up for it let me know. i'm 35 and based in kildare.

• Advertisement

been a long time since i was on boards (sober :P)

Bumping this up again, My gear, playing and experience has improved tenfold, now have a reliable contact would help me book gigs around leinster and i have now got the facility to record at least demo quality songs for distribution to venues, I have no jam spot as i live in town but know someone with a rehearsal studio!

Whos up for a midweek jam!

Rhythm guitarist and bass player sorted,

Now looking for lead guitarist and singer and we can all meet and work a setlist, maybe set midweek practice for handyness and a way to break up the week :)

come on guitarists and singers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38 Jimmygem

Guitar player here still working on my lead playing
    What sort of set are you working on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,716 ✭✭✭✭maccored

if your bassplayer drops out let me know - carlow based with gear and transport

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38 emsnui

hey im a female vocalist, 25, i would love to try out, also im not too far from carlow myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ucancallmeAl

hey i've been playing lead for a bit now maybe i can try out? i'm dublin based but wouldn't mind traveling if it works out.:)

still looking for a singer, pm me lads and lassies we'll be jamming asap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38 emsnui

still looking for a singer? im very interested...

Hey emsnui,
    Didnt even see your last post, my apologies, we'd love to jam with you!
    Pass on your details and a few songs you'd like to do and i'll be in touch

Advertisement