Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mardi Gras 2011!

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

It's amazing how this thread started off 3-4 pages of pre Mardi Gras expectations and 4-5 of post Mardi Gras "SCUM and INBREEDS"!!!

News flash people are we not all from Limerick?

Saturday night was over ran by drunken little pups, young teens with nothing better to do. Get off your high horses and think where your kids were Saturday night!

It's a disgrace how the youth are carrying on these days but who is to blame like? You can't expect the guards and security to keep the peace, they were outnumbered 10 to 1 easy that video post shows that.

IMO drink is too easily got and kids are getting away with too much these days, control yer kids people!

and? I'm not a tracksuit wearing scummer called Ant'neeee with a biorrrr called Jacintaaaaa who's fightin with Britneeeee cos she shifted Ant'neees brudder Rashers who's in jail now but he was puuure set up by da shades like he never did nathin to nobody liiike.

this town is full of scum, satruday night proved it in spades.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Nail on head ^^^

Here is another video from the Mardi Gras, check out the beads!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭code name paul

RonMexico wrote: »
    Nail on head ^^^

Here is another video from the Mardi Gras, check out the beads!!!:D

What pub was this??? the new one on Robert Street??

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭ULMarc

We showed up at about 10:30 i think and hung around in front of Smyths. It was busy enough but there was lots of space to move about. Not really as packed as it should be for a proper party. Then again I kind of wanted to be there earlier but by the sounds of things that was when the trouble was happening. We didn't see any. Moved into the pubs after 11.

I've only read a couple of posts in this thread but from what I can see I'm disappointed that children and families were in anyway encouraged or allowed go to this event.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Thought O Connells would be at least listening and commenting on feedback,but there new rep here seems very unprofessional

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

bigpink wrote: »
    Thought O Connells would be at least listening and commenting on feedback,but there new rep here seems very unprofessional

O'Connell's was easily one of the best spots to be that night. They don't have too many complaints to worry about!

I was working in the bar for the night and wasn't up around so not for me to comment, if you have query about me would you please PM rather than calling me unprofessional with unfounded grounds.

Well theres like 4 o connells accounts here so we dont know who the offical rep is

Ok the event is getting some good and alot of bad feedback if it was my business,id be on discussing the feedback

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Well theres like 4 o connells accounts here so we dont know who the offical rep is

Just to correct you there.

Champo (the quiz-master) can no longer post here.
    Ken can no longer post here.
    They should try bumping their Prison threads to remind the Admins to reply.

A third poster was also banned for shilling.

code name paul still posts because he hasn't broken any rules.
    One of his colleagues also has an account, but posts for himself and not for the business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Should there be a rep though??
    What's the difference between blatant advertising and representing your business?? :confused:

• Advertisement

Ok the event is getting some good and alot of bad feedback if it was my business,id be on discussing the feedback

Well i wasn't there to give feedback, and again your unfounded remark of 4 accounts is completely untrue and uncalled for so as I said if you've any questions like that please PM so as to avoid confusion for other posters and readers

Well if they represent the pub and plug it here i think so maybe you should get involved in the feedback ye are the ones organsing it and gaining from it.I want to see Mardi Gras 2012
    Insect Overlord just confirmed he has banned 3 accounts and that you post here(and you havent broken rukes:)
    So relax im just saying that maybe get involved in the feedback so you dont get narky at me,
    Someone else also mentioned O connells were quiet on it and also removed links on facebook to this thread go at them too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Just to correct you there.

code name paul still posts because he hasn't broken any rules.
    One of his colleagues also has an account, but posts for himself and not for the business.

Whos the last one o.O

Whos the last one o.O

Krochford. He doesn't post much!

Hmmm. I'm going to have to move a load of these posts to a new thread.

Can we bring this one back to discussion of last weekend's Mardi Gras festival?

Given that O'Connells have used boards extensively to promote this event the least they could do is respond to the feednack. Washing their hands of it on here and on their facebook page is unprofessional. Don't go hawking your event if you are not willing to listen to feedback afterwards. We are not blaming you for what happened but a response on your thoughts regarding security would be the least you could do.

Afterall we were the ones spending money at your event not the scumbags that were walking down the street drinking cans of dutch gold.

Well if they represent the pub and plug it here i think so maybe you should get involved in the feedback ye are the ones organsing it and gaining from it.I want to see Mardi Gras 2012
    Insect Overlord just confirmed he has banned 3 accounts and that you post here(and you havent broken rukes:)
    So relax im just saying that maybe get involved in the feedback so you dont get narky at me,
    Someone else also mentioned O connells were quiet on it and also removed links on facebook to this thread go at them too

Narky at you, you must be picking me up wrong, I am so terribly sorry if you got that impression.

You might note that you did call me unprofessional or was I dreaming???

There are a host of other people involved in the organisising of it and benefit from it, try the new ice cream shop on chapel lane who had a great day and evening from it!!!

Nobody is blaming you,but if your trying to make professional image for your bar then no point in fighting with me

I thought removing links and not commenting was unprofessional cause ye get given good time here

Havent seen the ice cream shop on here didnt know they were

Of course but you are the only business on here promoting it. You have to expect feedback good or bad. In fairness the Beerfest thing was top notch.

How about make a Mardi Gras 2012 thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Krochford. He doesn't post much!

Hmmm. I'm going to have to move a load of these posts to a new thread.

Can we bring this one back to discussion of last weekend's Mardi Gras festival?

Oh yes, excuse me - I forgot about Kevin :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

How about make a Mardi Gras 2012 thread?
    Gardaí Gras 2012
    Mardi Brawl 2012

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,889 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Only way next years one will work is to change the name to "fine art and cheese tasting evening" then the scum will think its Ghaaayyy and not show up.

If its billied as an "outdoor fun event" they will think hey this is something we can contribute nothing to but still ruin it for everyone else by drinking cans instead of supporting the pubs and fighting with the people trying to have a good time.

Like the French Market thats great and not a tucked in sock for miles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Just organise a fake Scooter concert the same night as Mardi Gras next year out in Thomond Park or the Gaelic Grounds. Problem solved. ;)

Leave them all knife, shoot, and knock the sh*t out of one another there. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭billox

think the above comment is prob one of the best so far

Kess73 wrote: »
    Would agree with this. If Boards is fine to use to promote events for profit, then the same people should be willing to discuss and/or listen to people's feedback on the same events that were plugged hard on here.

If the event had been a massive success I reckon folk would have no problem listening to praise about the event, like in the thread for the 2010 event.

It is pretty obvious that a lot of people saw problems at the event, and many here are saying they will not return to the event next year as a result. Any business involved should pay heed to comments like that, and use the feedback to try and prevent the same problems next year.

But if reps of bars come on here and say that it is nowt to do with them and that they only look after their own business, then the same people should not be coming in here advertising the events as a whiole for free as that is nothing more than shilling in my eyes.

I said earlier in this thread that I hoped in a years time we would be reading a trhread about the 2012 event with people posting about how improved things were and about how good a night they had, but if the attitude of peoiple who were involved in the event is to just turn their heads when told of problems, then people may be better off spending their time and money elsewhere and just let the rough element have the so called market quarter that is quick to talk up events but seemingly slow to engage when there are problems.

Never said it was nowt to do with it, I said I was in the bar working all night, I didn't see any trouble around as we are confined to little ellen st. where as far as I know there was no issues. Obviously I heard about some problems and there is nobody turning there heads.
    I'm sure all the problems will be discussed with the council and the gardai when all meet and I do know for a fact that many of the issues raised here in boards.ie will be addressed and taken head of.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭SnoopyGunner

Just organise a fake Scooter concert the same night as Mardi Gras next year out in Thomond Park or the Gaelic Grounds. Problem solved. ;)

Leave them all knife, shoot, and knock the sh*t out of one another there. :D

Nooooooooo!!! Not on the sacred turf of Thomond Park!!! :eek:

Maybe an used field though :D

Jagle wrote: »
    Guys i think ye need to step back here for a minute.

O'Connells didnt organise mardi gras, they were involved with it,
    so was smyths/icon, angel lane, mollys the limerick city council, look at the posters for it, there are several logo's so its unfare to bash O'Connells.

keyboard heros the lot of ye, stop shouting and think for a minute would ye.

I just looked at The Market Quarter's website and here is what it said:
    All of the local businesses involved in the organisation of the event which include The Bailey, Phil Flannery's Bar, O Connell's Bar, Smyth's Bar & Icon Nite Club, Flannery's Bar (Upper Denmark St), Angel Lane Nite Club, The Office & Molly's will be offering something special on the night in the form of entertainment and some BBQ's thrown in for good measure.

So yes, O'Connells ARE one of the organisers and it is ONLY the above businesses that are mentioned on the posters for the event. No mention of anyone else.

Also O'Connells were the ONLY business on here pushing this event like crazy so the least they could do is respond to feedback in a proper fashion.

To date the response has been poor to say the least.

I've moved a number of posts into a new thread just for proper feedback on the whole event.

XiledSniper has agreed to pass on the feedback to the relevant business-people involved in this year's event. Hopefully the problems we saw last weekend can be avoided in future, and the positive elements of the night can be expanded upon.

Please direct feedback to the new thread here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73156039

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement