Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonic generations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

That demo rocked ...

Wayyyyyy better than the first , older sonic is a mix of sonic unleashed day time levels and sonic colours , sonic back wooooo

Downloading now...

Ah, bastard! It's only for people who have Gold. My Live account is currently Silver :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

deathrider wrote: »
    Downloading now...

Ah, bastard! It's only for people who have Gold. My Live account is currently Silver :(

I downloaded it off ya cousins xbox , i used one of his new accounts that comes free with a month and it worked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Excellent demo. Really enjoyed the 3D version of Green Hill Zone. Really looking forward to re-playing some of my fave sonic adventure stages:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

****ing appalling demo this time around too.

The game is simply too fast. It's not fun, there's no skill, you merely get by through luck or memory. The framerate stutters to a near halt during even the 2D sections, to the point where you simply cannot tell what is going on. Sonic shouldn't be a speed simulator. It should be a fast paced platformer. And yet the game feels spectacularly awkward when it forces you to stop. Press square to break wall? Ugh.

New Sonic is fundamentally broken. Old Sonic isn't. In marrying the two, they've created a broken game that pisses on the grave of the Sonic of old in the process.

Just play the old games. They're cheaper, better and run a whole lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

It's weird they've apparently ****ed up the HD titles so profoundly, since Colours last year supposedly heralded the new generation of un-**** Sonic titles. How much difference can a year make, really?

• Advertisement

I never like modern sonic but i dunno i loved the demo it wasant too fast for me that he was hard to control and classic sonic part was near perfect it has ever being , sonic colours was great

There on their way getting it right ..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

It's a shame if it does turn out a bit jagged, as it looked promising at one stage. Mind, with the Christmas I'm about to have, I imagine my wallet might be grateful if one title got dropped off the hefty game-shopping list.

I'm a big fan of Sonic Adventures 1 and 2. I'm actually one of the few people who prefer them to the actually 2D sonic games. Really felt that the 3D section of the demo captured the essence of the Sonic Adventure titles. As such it gets a big thumbs up from me!!!

First review in videogamezone.de 8.5/10

Is that a real site, man? Doesn't seem to be working. Tried it with a .ie too, still no joy.

• Advertisement

Is that a real site, man? Doesn't seem to be working. Tried it with a .ie too, still no joy.

My bad videogameszone :P

http://www.videogameszone.de/Sonic-Generations-Xbox360-236810/Tests/Sonic-Generations-im-Test-fuer-PS3-und-Xbox-360-Sonic-findet-zu-alter-Staerke-zurueck-851132/

Ah, cool. I'd say that would be an interesting read... If it was in English, lol.

Haha ya

Review in a mad language, demo only available to Gold users. I've come to the concolusion that Sonic hates me :o

Review in a mad language, demo only available to Gold users. I've come to the concolusion that Sonic hates me :o

dr. Robotnik cruel trick

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I've come to the concolusion that Sonic hates me :o

Enjoying a new Sonic game does reek of sadomasochism to me :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

First review in videogamezone.de 8.5/10

thats not a review of the finished game, ill bet my bollox on it. theyve played the demos and fobbed off a review

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

I'm enjoying Sonic Colours, more of the same please.

this arrived in the office today, so about to sit down and get my sonic on!

Helix wrote: »
    this arrived in the office today, so about to sit down and get my sonic on!

You are so lucky :(

• Advertisement

great stuff so far anyway, if a little too fast for the new sonic sections

Ign review

8.5/10

Not like i doubted it since i seen the opening trailer all those months back:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

its getting good scores and yet... it looks awful!

its superb

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

its getting good scores and yet... it looks awful!

Well Sonic Colours wasn't as amazing as the reviews said it was. It seems at this stage a Sonic game that doesn't totally suck will review well. Sonic Colours still had a lot of problems of the newer sonic games such as wonky 3D controls at times and the fact that it's too fast and for a game about speed it punishes you for going too fast since the designers set up 'psychic' traps and pitfalls.

peeled myself away from skyrim long enough to write up this review...

http://clickonline.com/games/review-sonic-generations/3972/

Helix wrote: »
    peeled myself away from skyrim long enough to write up this review...

http://clickonline.com/games/review-sonic-generations/3972/

Great review , sonic back woo ahhh:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Well Sonic Colours wasn't as amazing as the reviews said it was.

That's true, it was better.

Will definitely pick this up in the post Christmas slump. Loved the second demo so looking forward to it immensly.

• Advertisement

Waiting christmas aswell, so i when i get 3ds ive to different versions of sonic to play waaatchaaa:D

Advertisement