Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonic generations

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

I got it on preorder from steam, 20 queen papers and they threw in sonic 3 and knuckles as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Urge to cancel Collectors Edition pre-order fading...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Any trade in deals on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭xo_CHEWY_ox

gizmo wrote: »
    Urge to cancel Collectors Edition pre-order fading...

Where did you pre-order that?

I picked this up for 35 today thanks to abusing Gamestops trade in 3 games thing ;) I love it <3 its superb, and the story is hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Going to pick it up within the next hour!!

Any idea how much the special edition is going for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

efla wrote: »

Amazon.de are selling it for 95.99
    http://www.amazon.de/Sega-Sonic-Generations-Collectors-Edition/dp/B005LU1Y9A/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1320427260&sr=8-2

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Jericho.

Yep, picked it up on amazon.de myself although it was more expensive. It cost me €127.50 with shipping and everything. I'll have to wait a week or 2 for it but it's worth it for that superb looking collectors edition I think (hope).

Edit - It's more expensive for the xbox.

efla wrote: »

You won't get it in the shops, none of them have it. I checked them all today, well Gamestop, Game, HMV & Smyths.

Jericho. wrote: »
    You won't get it in the shops, none of them have it. I checked them all today, well Gamestop, Game, HMV & Smyths.

HMV and Gamestop do in swords.

• Advertisement

Really? Fair enough, I didn't think they were stocking it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Would be a pretty big title not to stock though

Well in fairness, HMV only had 1 copy on display, and gamestop only had it behind the counter. I had to ask for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Where did you pre-order that?
    Pre-ordered from Amazon back in September when I saw it popup. Gotta love not having to pay for it until dispatch thus having plenty of time to decide whether it's really worth it. :D

I've read various stories about there only being 500 units produced per country which, although sounding like utter rubbish, may go some way to explaining why it wasn't wildly available.

Helix wrote: »
    Would be a pretty big title not to stock though

I thought he was talking about the collectors edition, not just the regular game. :o

To anyone on the fence about this, get it. Or rent it. Well don't rent it, buy it. Its awesome. Looks lovely, plays superbly, makes me nostalgic for the days of my gamecube and the two sonic adventures. City escape with modern and retro sonic are by far the best levels I've played so far, and modern retro sonic is adorable <3 And the storys kinda fun, two times sonic and Tails :D The challenges are a little bit iffy, but the boss battle against metal sonic and the death egg were brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Anyone know how the PC version holds up? Is it ported properly, controls well and all that?

Anyone know how the PC version holds up? Is it ported properly, controls well and all that?

No problems, but I'm using a 360 pad so YMMV

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Really enjoying it so far. Classic sonics physics still not quite right but on the right track. Some annoying glitches in some levels, not unusual for a 3D sonic title. The modern sonic levels are definitely more polished than before and very enjoyable.

So glad you can turn off that stupid omochao dude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

this is slowly moving form my avoid list to the post xmas pick up list. I only really enjoyed the megadrive sonics so I'm reticent about this. still though all the talk and god reviews is swaying me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Played the demo yesterday morning, and straight to the shop to get it! Fantastic fun so far, even the 3D levels. Lot of gameplay it in with the challenges!

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭AceCard Jones

+1 for this game is brilliant. Just about finished it (With all the S ranks :) ) and have really enjoyed it. Got my collectors edition from Amazon (Anyone who has a 360 collectors edition and would trade for my PS3 collectors edition let me know ). It's far easier than previous sonic titles, it used to take a long time to get max ranks in all the sonic levels in previous titles even when you've mastered them. It only took 2 or 3 goes in each level to get an S in this.
    Not complaining though, still a great game, if you don't have it, get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

No problems, but I'm using a 360 pad so YMMV

Cool. Really annoying that the console version are out now, but the PC version isn't released in the uk until the 25th though (and its obvious why, its less than half the price on PC than on consoles).

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭AceCard Jones

3DS is also the 25th, with all the triple A titles coming out this season it could just be a manufacturing backlog and the 3DS and PC versions weren't seen as urgent as the console versions. Though PC will be mostly digital sales probably so it could be any number of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Has anyone picked up the 3DS version yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Achilles wrote: »
    Has anyone picked up the 3DS version yet?

Planning to, pending more reliable reviews - anyone played it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Have finally got around to playing this one. Excellent game, really enjoying it and the hub world is gorgeous and well thought out. Love the fact that they have taken a new spin on some of the old levels, may favourite being Speed Highway from Sonic Adventure. Probably is a bit on the short side but each stage has massive replayability. And at 16.99 on amazon you can't go wrong:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

cloud493 wrote: »
    To anyone on the fence about this, get it. Or rent it. Well don't rent it, buy it. Its awesome. Looks lovely, plays superbly, makes me nostalgic for the days of my gamecube and the two sonic adventures. City escape with modern and retro sonic are by far the best levels I've played so far, and modern retro sonic is adorable <3 And the storys kinda fun, two times sonic and Tails :D The challenges are a little bit iffy, but the boss battle against metal sonic and the death egg were brilliant.

I'm sold :P hopefully gonna pick it up before xmas.

And in even better news

A Sonic CD remake is now available on Android, iOS, 360 and PS3 with it eventually coming to PC... uh, whenever. Let's say sometime 2012.

And this isn't a port, it's been redone from scratch by dedicated fan and fulltime mentalist Christian "Taxman" Whitehead using his own "Retro Engine"

However, if you grab it for android devices be aware that there is currently some kind of almighty cluster**** with the servers and they seem to be getting hammered continuously. So it can take a while to download

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Got this in HMV new for €17 for xbox at the weekend.

Love it so far! So much to do. As said before the Hub is great! Loads of little games to do along with the main game too.

Old Sonic is so CUTE when you get an S rating! His little leg dance, adorable!

I did find at the start my eyes took a bit to adjust to the really bright graphics and speed in Green hills, but is fine now as turned down the brightness.

Friend has the 3ds version, this version is a different game right? Worth a buy at some stage?

Advertisement