Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonic generations

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Got this in HMV new for €17 for xbox at the weekend.

Love it so far! So much to do. As said before the Hub is great! Loads of little games to do along with the main game too.

Old Sonic is so CUTE when you get an S rating! His little leg dance, adorable!

I did find at the start my eyes took a bit to adjust to the really bright graphics and speed in Green hills, but is fine now as turned down the brightness.

Friend has the 3ds version, this version is a different game right? Worth a buy at some stage?

Yeah I had Sonic Generations while I had my 3DS (sold it on for a Vita) and it was a totally different experience with completely different levels.

Basically both Sonics play on a 2D plane. Modern Sonic's gameplay is very like the Sonic Rush gameplay. Classic Sonic gains the ability to do the homing attack on like the third level so that kinda takes away from things a little bit.

I thought I was the only one that took some time to adjust to the new view in Sonic Generations. When I downloaded the original time limited demo my eyes went a little crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Achilles wrote: »
    Yeah I had Sonic Generations while I had my 3DS (sold it on for a Vita) and it was a totally different experience with completely different levels.

Basically both Sonics play on a 2D plane. Modern Sonic's gameplay is very like the Sonic Rush gameplay. Classic Sonic gains the ability to do the homing attack on like the third level so that kinda takes away from things a little bit.

I thought I was the only one that took some time to adjust to the new view in Sonic Generations. When I downloaded the original time limited demo my eyes went a little crazy.

Yeah my eyes felt like they couldnt focus, mainly on the white back ground with all the stages coloured in, was very annoying, couldnt fall asleep after playing a bit after I first tried it.

Maybe I'll pass on the 3DS version...

On a side note, dude, you sold your 3DS :eek:. its only its first year, give it a chance! Happy with my 3DS and will prob get a Vita in a year also, see how that pans out by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Yeah my eyes felt like they couldnt focus, mainly on the white back ground with all the stages coloured in, was very annoying, couldnt fall asleep after playing a bit after I first tried it.

Maybe I'll pass on the 3DS version...

On a side note, dude, you sold your 3DS :eek:. its only its first year, give it a chance! Happy with my 3DS and will prob get a Vita in a year also, see how that pans out by then.

I got bored by the 3DS very very quickly. Traded it in for a Vita and only ended up paying €99 for the Wifi model with a few games.

Not too shabby methinks. Getting much more joy out of the Vita tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Wow, not bad!
    side tracking the topic now but what games did you get?

Advertisement