Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AWOL Galway

Options
  • 22-06-2011 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭

hi,

I went into AWOL over two months ago and got ny nape pierced. I ended having to get it done twice as she couldn't get it straight the first time :rolleyes:
    yes - Alarm bells should have rang then. When I was done she told me to request a staple bar when I'm getting it replaced in a few months.

Fast forward to last week - one side gets really sore and irritable so I clean it with salt water to try and calm it. A week later, its worse and has a hard lump under the irritated side.

So I went to Snakebite today and had someone look at it, he was pretty disgusted at the piercing - the placing and the bar used. It was not even a staple bar - it was a straight bar that they bent up slightly at the ends. He said my piercing was never going to heal fully due to the way the bar went through the skin underneath. It had gone in quite deep too.

Basically, I was pierced by an inexperienced piercer who pierced in the wrong area with a bar that was not suitable and it caused my skin to slowly reject it resulting in me having to take it out.

My OH got a genital piercing there also and they fitted the wrong size bar, the ball kept going inside and he had to go to another piercers and get them to fit the correct size bar.

Not impressed with AWOL at all and I will be letting them now!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

Ouch that sounds sore. When you said AWOL, I didn't realize you meant the tattoo shop and was thinking you got hammered and got a couple piercings. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Ouch that sounds sore. When you said AWOL, I didn't realize you meant the tattoo shop and was thinking you got hammered and got a couple piercings. :D

I wish ha!

It was quite sore over the last week! :(
    Its quite sore now as I have to bathe it with salt water so all the yucky stuff inside will come out :o

Have sent an email and a Facebook message to them - no reply yet they are commenting away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I suggest you ring the studio and talk to them if you are that fired up about it, instead of giving out about them here. I know they do check this forum from time to time though.

I got a reply from them.

Saying they don't use proper staple bars as they are hard to get in and stick out and they are putting it down to a simple rejection! Of course they wouldn't say it as their piercing that was at fault.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭MissMoppet

I've had a fair bit of work done in AWOL and have had nothing but good experiences with them..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Shakti

I had some piercings done here,
    No complaints,
    Nice bunch very clean,
    no shortcuts, not cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Got tattooed their, know people who have had piercing there. Everyone I know and myself have nothing but praise for them. Very professional. Honestly, you're the first person I've heard with a complaint (not saying you're wrong just an observation).

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lonergan2468

I had my first TAT on Thursday, 25/2011. On initial booking the artists were very friendly, informative. I booked and I researched the internet for templates, ideas etc., and they accepted the Black Panther that I choose. The actual artist; Angus was quite the professional, and ethical in his approach to procedure. Basically I was informed. He also did some variations to the original image, and I was quite glad to accept this, and this made it “his own” During the procedure we discussed after care, and he is extremely knowledgeable, thus advising the most suitable topical applications to use in promoting the healing process etc…Hygiene, sterile environment; A1
    A very positive experience…A1:)

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

Tbh the op is talking about piercings not tats. Still sounds like an isolated incident and piercings are a bit hit and miss with some people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Vote 4 Pedro

Took my daughter Hannah there for a "Industrial" piercing about 5 weeks ago.
    The girl who did it was brill, very impressed with the shop and staff.
    Piercings are not really for me but spoke to them about refinishing some 28 year old tattoos and would have no problem or hesitation going back.

Advertisement