Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wasabi popcorn

Options
  • 22-06-2011 8:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

Tried these the other day as an experiment. Jesus what type of pervert invented these. Rank

The company that makes them also make chocolate treacle popcorn, bit to manky for me aswell

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Where'd you get it?

I love wasabi and love popcorn, I'm not sure they'd go well together but I'd try it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

I got it in Spar, Kilmacud in Stillorgan was there last night and they still stock it. I tried Wasabi peanuts a while back from an off licence in Dundrum and they were rotten aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

bungler wrote: »
    I tried Wasabi peanuts a while back from an off licence in Dundrum and they were rotten aswell

Do you maybe just not like wasabi at all?

Love wasabi peanuts & peas, mill through those big tins from the Asian market & occasionally just pipe a bit of it out of the tube in my fridge and eat it solo :) Wasabi popcorn sounds right up my alley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

Do you maybe just not like wasabi at all?

Love wasabi peanuts & peas, mill through those big tins from the Asian market & occasionally just pipe a bit of it out of the tube in my fridge and eat it solo :) Wasabi popcorn sounds right up my alley

I love wasabi, i have it with loads of foods but i just cant seem to like to on crisps, but im like you id have an oul shot of it solo too and love it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Think I tried wasabi peas / nuts before and didn't like it at all.
    Fallon & Byrne has weird popcorn, well one's rock salt so not weird lol, one is salt and vinegar and there is a chilli something one too. I tried the chilli one, not fab. Not sure if they do other flavours as well but might be an option if ye were looking to try them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Is that the 'Rockstar' popcorn? I picked up a packet of the Cheese flavour last week, must give it a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Gauge wrote: »
    Is that the 'Rockstar' popcorn? I picked up a packet of the Cheese flavour last week, must give it a go.

Aye that was it, they had cheese too (I can't stand cheese popcorn) don't think they had wasabi, could have just been the chilli.

Advertisement