Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do I need to record?

Options
  • 22-06-2011 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭

Hello all, I was wondering what kind of equipment I would need to capture footage from my Xbox 360. My setup is as follows

I use 1 monitor, and at my desk I have my PC and my Xbox. My Xbox connects through the VGA input in my monitor. My PC connects into the DVI input. Whenever I want to switch between the two I use the button on the monitor to switch inputs. I cannot display them both at the same time :P (naturally)

I was wondering how I would go about recording footage, while still playing through the monitor? I wish not to record direct as that causes major lag in game. I used an easycap USB device in the past, plugging the composite straight into the device and playing on my monitor. It lagged very bad and was unplayable

As far as quality goes, I don't think I'd be able or ready to fork out loads for full HD. Just something simple, and as long as I can play on my monitor without lag whilst recording I do not mind.

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

I take it that you are wanting to record while playing in full-screen on your monitor? If so, I'm not aware of a cheap VGA capture card. Does your monitor have any other inputs? If it has HDMI, a Blackmagic Intensity Pro would do you well, albeit it costing €200.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

No HDMI input sadly =[

Any other ideas? I'd really like to get something set up :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Find yourself a powered splitter and you will be able to use your easy cap and play at the same time laglessly.

Problem solved :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

http://www.dabs.ie/products/startech-com-2-port-vga-splitter-with-audio-76QF.html

And one of these for the easy cap

1to4.jpg

Happy days.

Terry had a powered splitter which outputted one to VGA and one to svideo directly, but I can't find it. You could pm him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Ciaranmc2k10

Take to adverts

• Advertisement
Advertisement