Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

11 Kg Propane Cylinder

Options
  • 22-06-2011 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can pick one of these up. They are the ones in a red cylinder. All the places I have checked only stock butane (yellow cylinders)

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Calor "Patio Gas" is what you'll find it branded as, in a grey 11kg cylinder.
    Woodies do it anyway, Fuel place (hennessy's?) in the hebron might also...
    Garages usually not.
    I've certainly bought it in woodies for my bbq.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

You can get the propane cylinders in Bretts on John st. €33.00 I paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭jprboy

1984baby wrote: »

Did that include the deposit for the cylinder or was it for a refill?

Would be interesting to know how this price compares to some of the other suppliers.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

1984baby wrote: »

Nice one for that, i'll call in there. Are they definately the red ones, the grey ones have a different connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭jprboy

bennyob wrote: »
    Nice one for that, i'll call in there. Are they definately the red ones, the grey ones have a different connection.

No, the 11 kg propane cylinders are grey. I've never seen a red one. There are butane cylinders (much larger than 11 kg) which are red/orange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

jprboy wrote: »
    No, the 11 kg propane cylinders are grey. I've never seen a red one. There are butane cylinders (much larger than 11 kg) which are red/orange.

http://www.calorgas.ie/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Calor-Cylinders-ROI.pdf

According to this, the patio gas is grey and the propane is red. They also seem to have different valves.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

If you particularly want the red one maybe try the Gas place in the Hebron... I think it's BOC gas or something. Seem to remember getting some of the bigger red propane ones from them in a previous life and they have the fitting/valve you seem to want.

My Patio Gas is certainly marked as being propane - it's propane with a brand name...

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

Paid €33.00 for a refill. It was the red propane cylinder with the screw on attachment on it. Flogas Cylinder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Advertisement