Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ridiculous names for children

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Enright

I know of a fella called Aero, named after the chocolate... His brother got away with a far more conventional name.

what if his surname was Smith?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Every time I hear the Sky News reader Nina Nanar introducing herself I look around to see where the Garda car is .

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭raveni

mattjack wrote: »
    Im afraid to guess in case Pherekydes corrects my mistake again....but go tell us...after J.Edgar maybe..?
    Apparently I chose to promptly ignore the correction...I meant the dyson:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Lanaier wrote: »
    I know several Russians called Anastasia.
    It's a nice name, in Dublin or anywhere else.
    It was a very common name in Ireland in the mid 19th-Century for some reason (probably something to do with Russian royalty?).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

Acoshla wrote: »
    Just saw my 37 year old cousin's grandkid is called Ryleigh-Blu, Christ.

Is "Christ" the surname?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

Enright wrote: »
    he probably did

and a lot more beside

He did, although "Blanket" was a nickname for the full name which is "Prince Michael II Jackson"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Chester.
    Constance.
    Jeeves.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,924 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Clint, Boone and Audie. Their father apparently was a fan of Westerns.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

Lpfsox wrote: »
    In one of my first jobs I corrected a letter addressed to Mr Florence McCarthy (may not be the real surname) to the fairly obvious Ms Florence McCarthy.

2 days later I got a very angry phone call from Mr McCarthy demanding that his proper title be used and reminding me he was male. The then went on to tell me that he actually preferred to be addressed as Mr Florrie McCarthy and that Florence was a fairly common boys name in Cork (I've no idea if that's true).

That was my grandfather's name. Both the first name and the surname. And we live in Cork. :P He hated 'Florrie' though.

I know four men named Florence.

Advertisement