Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ridiculous names for children

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Lushna

But I think spelt Laoisena

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Could have been named after Cosmo Brown from Singing in the Rain.

Or Cosmo Kramer.

Giddy up :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

There is a young lad in the town I live called John Paul, seemingly normal name except his full name is John Paul II !! Yes that's right he is named after the pope and he is called by his full title. Would be a shame to leave out the II.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

There were 3 brothers who played hurling for Tipperary a few years back - Colm, Cormac and Conal Bonnar. Nothing wrong with the names themselves but all in one family???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Family lives near me, one of the sons is Seán and the second son is John. Wouldn't be so bad, except they sent them to a Gaelscoil...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,960 ✭✭✭furiousox

carlybabe1 wrote: »
    almost as bad as dymphna,:eek:
    consumpta, assumpta and dymphna, syptoms include uncontrollable nuns, hallucinations and speaking in tongues :D

FYP ;)

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

At least Frank Zappa had a reason of sorts..He was genuinely off his rocker, not like Victoria Beckham or any of the new 'celebraties.' They just choose sh**e names for the thrill of getting it in the papers I reckon. Apple and Moses, I mean come on...Gwenyth has no excuse other than pure up your own h**eness.

Harley Harold

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

One of my best friends called her daughter 'Missy'.

Took me a long while, but I'm coming around to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,960 ✭✭✭furiousox

I've seen people sign their names as "Niki" or "Geri" etc and I always think the same thing..I bet it doesn't say that on your f'ing birth cert!

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,982 ✭✭✭✭bnt

uriah wrote: »
    Phil Neville, Gary Neville and their brother Neville Neville
    Oh, the poor soul - he must have had people singing David Bowie songs at him.
    Neville Neville, you tore your dress,
    Neville Nevile, your face is a mess ...

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

wow sierra wrote: »
    There were 3 brothers who played hurling for Tipperary a few years back - Colm, Cormac and Conal Bonnar. Nothing wrong with the names themselves but all in one family???
    I know siblings named Emerson, Emer, Emile and Emmett. Kinda unusual maybe but at least it isnt your boring Sean, Maire, Liam and Margaret.

At my nephew's christening there was another boy being christened Luke.

But his parents spelled it Lucke. :rolleyes:

I used to get letters from the bank signed off by someone called Pidge Doody.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Craebear

FartingOnion, that's a weird name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

It would be funny if someone had the Ryan surname and named their boy Hugh,
    Hugh Ryan.

I knew of a guy called Dermot McDermot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Lisac220

I know someone called Hermelda, or melda for short :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

I used to get letters from the bank signed off by someone called Pidge Doody.
    EBS? Pidge is lovely.

I think Pidge is a lovely name as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭crazypanda

Of the celeb names, the ones I hate most are the religious ones. Like Nicole Kidman called her kids Sunday and Faith. Like what's next? Pray?

Ryan Ryan is a terrible name of a guy I know. What are parents thinking like?

But the one that took the biscuit was this woman I had to work with once. Her name was Sparkle. Her surname was Wisdom. Seriously I thought it was a prank at the start. Sparkle Wisdom!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Parents in West Clare who named their son Anakin.

I also used to live beside people who called their son Anakin. The two daughters were Gabrielle and Adara, which I didn't think were too bad (compared to others), but Anakin...for the love of God..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Lorri_L

charlemont wrote: »
    I knew of a guy called Dermot McDermot.

I know one of them! Always thought his parents must have been very cruel. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Mr Keek

Fella who came into the pub I worked at was called D'artagnan O'Grady, we just called him DT.

Another dude around the town is called Roger Rabitt, but he's an older gentle man, came in way before the movie.

We had a lad in school called Fursey.

At work I was talking to a lady who's marriage name was Mrs Phylis Stynes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

RichieC wrote: »
    hope isn't a religious word.

It is a religious word. In the context of naming a child Hope, it refers to the theological virtues

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theological_virtues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭melb

Keith. Terrible name.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

later10 wrote: »
    I think Pidge is a lovely name as well.

:confused:

Oh come on!!! Forget that you know this person. It's a ridiculous name!

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

I know a family and there twins are

Sue Ellen and Pamela Mongans

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

crazypanda wrote: »
    Of the celeb names, the ones I hate most are the religious ones. Like Nicole Kidman called her kids Sunday and Faith. Like what's next? Pray?

Poor little Sunday's middle name is Rose. Sunday Rose. Sounds like Sunday Roast :( :pac:

maiden wrote: »
    I know a family and there twins are

Xxe Xxxx and Xxmxxx Xxxxxxs

Wow they'll be delighted with you publicly identifying and naming and shaming them on a public interweb page.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

I just hate when irish people name their their kids irish names and either misspell them or mispronounce them. Really annoys me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

I sold a tv to a Rose Bush and mike hunt. Not at same time obviously. Heard a young knack boy called Rico.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Howlin

I was in an all boys school with a lad called Jessy Grocock

Advertisement