Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

littlewoods.ie WARNING

Options
  • 22-06-2011 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

i am a customer of Littlewoods for years-and there was an issue recently that both me and my mother have had with them and i want to warn people.

Both my mother and i (on seperate days/ computers) bought a sale item (Mine was down 7euro and hers was down 19 euro) Bla bla bla we both bought our stuff and as always on littlewoods checkout we got a date when our items arrive.

The day after i ordered my item i tried to track it and it wouldnt come up- Then i noticed it said there was an item in my basket- Turns out it was the item i ordered AND IT WAS GONE BACK UP TO ITS ORGINAL PRICE!

So basically after i had ordered the item and recieved a date to get it, they then threw it back into my basket, jacked up the price again and removed the ability to track the item (It had been there for the item the day before)

I contacted them and they denied everything, they even asked me for "Proof" of purchase:confused::confused::confused: Even though i had saved the reciept (screen shot) they kept saying they havnt recieved it- after i sent it 3 seperate times

Turns out the same thing happened my mam a few days later. But she didnt save the reciept so got nowhere with them.

:mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Did you/your mother get a confirmation email from them after placing your orders the first time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

Did you/your mother get a confirmation email from them after placing your orders the first time?

no, but i had issues before where it had taken a few days to email conformation so i thought nothing of it

My mam hasnt a leg to stand on but I have a screen shot conformation, and they claim they still havnt gotten it, when i print it out and post it monday i guarantee they wont recieve that either!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

no, but i had issues before where it had taken a few days to email conformation so i thought nothing of it

My mam hasnt a leg to stand on but I have a screen shot conformation, and they claim they still havnt gotten it, when i print it out and post it monday i guarantee they wont recieve that either!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Send it via registered post and it will need to be signed for, which should help you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

Send it via registered post and it will need to be signed for, which should help you.

Even with screenshots etc, there is still no sales contract in force until the goods are physically shipped. Until then, the order can be cancelled, changed or price increased by the retailer.

In anycase littlewoods are way overpriced and on top of that, if you are using their payment plan, you are paying an utterly unbelievable 39.9% interest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

maxer68 wrote: »
    In anycase littlewoods are way overpriced and on top of that, if you are using their payment plan, you are paying an utterly unbelievable 39.9% interest

Not if your not getting your products on credit, I've bought a few things outright, you don't need to buy by credit.

• Advertisement

celticbest wrote: »
    Not if your not getting your products on credit, I've bought a few things outright, you don't need to buy by credit.

The massage says "if you are using their payment plan"

The biggest problem with littlewoods is the operate like ryanair - they do their damnest to get you to buy on credit yet almost hide the fact that its a 40% interest rate.

Even without the interest rate, they are way overpriced on most items,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Even with screenshots etc, there is still no sales contract in force until the goods are physically shipped. Until then, the order can be cancelled, changed or price increased by the retailer.

There is a contract of sale in force as soon as you pay, not as soon as its shipped.

There is a contract of sale in force as soon as you pay, not as soon as its shipped.

Not on online orders and its clearly stated in all online company's terms & conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Not on online orders and its clearly stated in all online company's terms & conditions.

Nope, it doesn't matter what it says in the T&C's, Your statutory rights state that once you exchange money a contract is in force.

Whatever it says on their webpage is irrelevant i.e. Shipped, in Handling, being packaged, whatever, the deal is done once the money is gone from your card/account.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 rachelg74

Same happened me with a washing machine. It was half price in their sale. 450 down to 224.

I had a 20% discount code so it cost me €179. Paid upfront on June 4th and waited.

On June 23rd the courier rang to say the machine would be delivered next day after lunch. I got rid of old machine and waited... Still waiting!

I rang several times and got nowhere, Customer service guy couldn't find my order, Then they said it was cancelled because I shouldn't have used the discount code for a sale item. :mad:

Still waiting for my refund.......... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tinky23

i have never seen a website so overpriced - i currently send them an email about a number of their products and still havent heard back ! a white 8gb iipod touch is 199e on the able website with free delivery for the same one it is 500 in littlewoods reduced to 250 ??? are the having a laugh!! would never shop there ! be careful to anyone who does !

• Registered Users Posts: 24,084 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

tinky23 wrote: »
    i have never seen a website so overpriced - i currently send them an email about a number of their products and still havent heard back ! a white 8gb iipod touch is 199e on the able website with free delivery for the same one it is 500 in littlewoods reduced to 250 ??? are the having a laugh!! would never shop there ! be careful to anyone who does !

Which website?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭ahyeahok

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Which website?:confused:

able>>apple maybe..... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,084 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

ahyeahok wrote: »
    able>>apple maybe..... :confused:

I was thinking along those lines, but then thought it could be a Hong Kong knock-off source:D

Advertisement