Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VEC Interview Language Job

• 22-06-2011 9:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I have a last minute interview coming up on Friday for an RPT position in a VEC school which I subbed in last year. I only got the letter today (problem with the post not VEC). Does anybody know if the interview is likely to involve questions asked in French/Spanish? I have only ever done one interview where French questions were asked and they were more about myself, hobbies etc. Have any language teachers been asked discipline, policy, planning etc questions in the foreign language? I know nobody can predict what I will be asked, but I would really appreciate any advice. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭gaeilgebeo

vamos! wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I have a last minute interview coming up on Friday for an RPT position in a VEC school which I subbed in last year. I only got the letter today (problem with the post not VEC). Does anybody know if the interview is likely to involve questions asked in French/Spanish? I have only ever done one interview where French questions were asked and they were more about myself, hobbies etc. Have any language teachers been asked discipline, policy, planning etc questions in the foreign language? I know nobody can predict what I will be asked, but I would really appreciate any advice. Thanks

I can only speak for a VEC interview in Irish.
    The interview(s) were always half English/half Irish.
    A lot of the Irish questions were subject and syllabus based.
    Hope this helps. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

It really depends on the expertise of the panel. They are usually brought together for a day's worth of interviews, so I'd say you'd be damn unlucky to get a fluent French/Spanish speaker on the panel or one that would be able to ask and understand questions in French and/or Spanish!

Well done on getting an interview by the way! And if you've been in the school already, you've a great chance. Just 'remind' them of it, in case it's not in their notes. Oh, and good luck:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭vamos!

Thanks! I just have to keep the nerves at bay and hope its not a 4 hour contract being offered! Hopefully having worked there will stand to me. I havent been lucky like this before so fingers crossed! (and of course all of my positive experiences in teaching and problems I solved happen to be in this school of course:))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭vamos!

Got the phonecall yesterday evening and got the job! No Spanish questions but one of the panel spoke French. Basic stuff though. Have another few interviews lined up and might go to see if I could get more hours. Thanks for the reassurance... noe see if I can offer advice instead of just asking!:D

Advertisement