Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the cellar restaurant

• 22-06-2011 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

anyone been to this restaurant(on o'connell street) for a meal.was there for lunch and was nice but wondeirng what an evening meal there is like.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

My in laws had dinner there on Monday night and paid €29.50 for 2 x 3 Course meals. They said the food was far superior to the last occupier and that, for that price and for the quality, they would easily return.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭you wha?

Beer Baron wrote: »
    My in laws had dinner there on Monday night and paid €29.50 for 2 x 3 Course meals. They said the food was far superior to the last occupier and that, for that price and for the quality, they would easily return.

ohhhh am liking that price :) cant wait to try for myself now.thanks a mill :)

you wha? wrote: »
    ohhhh am liking that price :) cant wait to try for myself now.thanks a mill :)

Apparently, this coming from two mid 60 year olds, that the knickerbockerglorys were "mahoosive"

That was enough to tempt me anyway. ;)

Apparently, this coming from two mid 60 year olds, that the knickerbockerglorys were "mahoosive"

That was enough to tempt me anyway. ;)

I'M IN......now more than ever hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭kenoconnell

good to hear, was there before and was "grand" as people say...

will give it another go, well done boards!!!!!

• Advertisement

was there last night.WOW!!HUGE portions,couldnt finish everything but what amazing value.3course meal for 18.95...... yum!ill be going again :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,526 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

the knickerbockerglorys were "mahoosive"

One of your inlaws is Dr. Cox from Scrubs? Cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

yeah i think on the basis of that comment there i would go now again to check the place out, i knew it had been taken over but i was turned off by the bad service i got the last time i was in there, cold small portions and bad attitude of staff, like they just, didnt care and didnt want to be there really!

the one thing i did like about the place was the intimate atmosphere and i was fascinated by the variety of candle plugged wine bottles, i expected a lot as i sat down for a meal, but sadly, the attitude, the food, the price... :(

still tho, looks like thats no longer the case, might just tempt me out of docklands... for one night anyway (christ i feel so durrteee! :eek: *pot noodle* :D)...

xsiborg wrote: »
    yeah i think on the basis of that comment there i would go now again to check the place out, i knew it had been taken over but i was turned off by the bad service i got the last time i was in there, cold small portions and bad attitude of staff, like they just, didnt care and didnt want to be there really!

I think they said the guy serving was the guys brother or something.

Advertisement