Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 407

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

that would be great Thanks do you reckon it would be ok to drive back up from Carlow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

racso1975 wrote: »
    that would be great Thanks do you reckon it would be ok to drive back up from Carlow

If its driving o.k. i'd say you should be o.k....but get it checked out as soon as you can....I can pm a contact number for you if you need it..??

Row wrote: »
    If its driving o.k. i'd say you should be o.k....but get it checked out as soon as you can....I can pm a contact number for you if you need it..??

Yeah cheers row would appreciate that

Yeah cheers row would appreciate that

I've just sent him a text to see how he's fixed..:)

Hey ron not going to make it up to dublin! Pulled in on side of n7 car started to do that stutter then pumes of white smoke came out of exhaust. Any ideas. Waiting for collection guy

• Advertisement

Hey ron not going to make it up to dublin! Pulled in on side of n7 car started to do that stutter then pumes of white smoke came out of exhaust. Any ideas. Waiting for collection guy

That doesn't sound so good..:eek:
    Could be fuel related...has this started to happen since you filled up with diesel..??
    How long since the fuel filter was replaced..?
    Could also be egr or Turbo related....:confused:
    Hope you get it sorted....Ron

That doesn't sound so good..:eek:
    Could be fuel related...has this started to happen since you filled up with diesel..??
    How long since the fuel filter was replaced..?
    Could also be egr or Turbo related....:confused:
    Hope you get it sorted....Ron

Funny you should mention the fuel have started to use a new garage lately as got a new job in dublin however i did fill her up on saturday in my local that i always use:confused:

Could not tell ya off the top of my head about the fuel filter just prayin it's not turbo or egr as they sound expensive:mad:

Will let ya know what mechanic says later on. Thanks

Hey ron

just giving you an update and maybe to pick your brain :p

it appears that is was not smoke coming out of exhaust but steam. there seems to be water getting into the exhaust system. Mechanic is doing a presurre test on it at the moment and feels it may be one of 2 things. Either the small water cooler at the back of engine that has 2 pipes coming out of it or the head gasket.

Just wondering if you happened to come across this problem before

Hey ron

just giving you an update and maybe to pick your brain :p

it appears that is was not smoke coming out of exhaust but steam. there seems to be water getting into the exhaust system. Mechanic is doing a presurre test on it at the moment and feels it may be one of 2 things. Either the small water cooler at the back of engine that has 2 pipes coming out of it or the head gasket.

Just wondering if you happened to come across this problem before

The small water cooler at the back of the engine is the egr heat exchanger...Never seen these to go but its still possible....Head gaskets are'nt common either...:confused:
    Thanks for the update and hope its the egr heat exchanger that needs replacment.

The small water cooler at the back of the engine is the egr heat exchanger...Never seen these to go but its still possible....Head gaskets are'nt common either...:confused:
    Thanks for the update and hope its the egr heat exchanger that needs replacment.

Well it appears you know your stuff as neither of these are the prob. Just got off phone with him and he's waiting for pug to give him a buzz back about it. He keeps mentioning some system in the back of the exhaust :confused: and that be the problem and would cost serious bucks to replace. anyhow hopefully he get to the bottom of it soon cause this car pooling with my wife to dublin is not good for any marriage :o

Thanks again ron

• Advertisement

He keeps mentioning some system in the back of the exhaust :confused: and that be the problem and would cost serious bucks to replace.

I'd say he's talking about the dpf..thats the only expensive part in the exhaust system.
    What mileage have you on your 407...??
    Did the mechanic pick up any fault codes (p-codes) logged on the engine ecu..?
    maybe post them up here if you can get your hands on them...:)

I'd say he's talking about the dpf..thats the only expensive part in the exhaust system.
    What mileage have you on your 407...??
    Did the mechanic pick up any fault codes (p-codes) logged on the engine ecu..?
    maybe post them up here if you can get your hands on them...:)

There's 210k on the clock. What kinda money is the dpf? we have no codes yet he's contacting pug about that tomorrow

There's 210k on the clock. What kinda money is the dpf? we have no codes yet he's contacting pug about that tomorrow

A reconditioned dpf from peugeot would work out around €400+fitting+€150eloys topup ..:eek::rolleyes:
    You could remove it & power wash it out well but ensure its well dried out before its refitted....then you would just need to top up the eloys additive at a price of around €120 for 3 litres and reset your dpf system with planet.

There are also other options were you could get rid of the dpf system altogether...Type "dpf" in donedeal and you'll have a choice.
    Not sure how successful this is tho...:confused:
    Hope you get it sorted and post up the p-codes if you get them...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

...Type "dpf" in donedeal and you'll have a choice.

I've saw a few of those ads. Any idea if it works successfully and how the car runs without it?

(Apologies for the thread hijack)

A reconditioned dpf from peugeot would work out around €400+fitting+€150eloys topup ..:eek::rolleyes:
    You could remove it & power wash it out well but ensure its well dried out before its refitted....then you would just need to top up the eloys additive at a price of around €120 for 3 litres and reset your dpf system with planet.

There are also other options were you could get rid of the dpf system altogether...Type "dpf" in donedeal and you'll have a choice.

Hee had mentioned that alright but said it was not an option on the 1.6 engine as they have loads of them ending up with destroyed engines. Said it worked finr on the higher engines 1.9 and 2.0. That sounds like a fairly expensive repair alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 conorakis

I bought a second hand 407 hdi 2 months ago.
    I only have a month left on warranty and the depollution system warning keeps coming up along with the engine warning light..
    They told me take it for a good drive in low gears/high revs, it worked but the other day it came on again and the power is signifuicantly down now.
    It takes ages to get up to cruising speed.
    Also theres beeps and warnings for lights that have no problem.
    Left stoplamp faulty and it works fine...right indication bulb faulty and it is fine.
    The main thing tho is the power, when I got it , it was a rocket , now the engine takes ages to get to 70 mph. Its booked in for tomorrow back to the garage I bought it, I have told them all the issues, I just hope they dont do a quick fix and then leave me in the sh*t next month when the warranty is up.
    Is there something I should be telling them fix so as to avoid a "quick fix"
    Please , any help would be grateful, I just sopent 6k on this.

conorakis wrote: »
    I bought a second hand 407 hdi 2 months ago.
    I only have a month left on warranty and the depollution system warning keeps coming up along with the engine warning light..
    They told me take it for a good drive in low gears/high revs, it worked but the other day it came on again and the power is signifuicantly down now.
    It takes ages to get up to cruising speed.
    Also theres beeps and warnings for lights that have no problem.
    Left stoplamp faulty and it works fine...right indication bulb faulty and it is fine.
    The main thing tho is the power, when I got it , it was a rocket , now the engine takes ages to get to 70 mph. Its booked in for tomorrow back to the garage I bought it, I have told them all the issues, I just hope they dont do a quick fix and then leave me in the sh*t next month when the warranty is up.
    Is there something I should be telling them fix so as to avoid a "quick fix"
    Please , any help would be grateful, I just sopent 6k on this.

Tbh the depol message could be anything but going by what the garage told you in relation to taking it for a hard drive then this points towards a blocking dpf (diesel particle filter)....if this is the case then the dpf may need to be replaced/cleaned + the additive topped up/reset.

What mileage is on your 407...?

If you have no joy with the garage tomorrow then i would get a second option.
    Get a full diagnostic scan inc fault codes read/live data etc to see where the problem maybe,This way you can get a report on what needs to be replaced, I would then give this report to your garage before the warranty runs out..:)

Where are you based...?

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭lway

+1 to what ROW says above. Sounds like the DPF, get it back to the garage while still under warranty. I had something similar happen with my 1.6HDi and the garage I bought it from replaced the DPF under warranty, hopefully your garage will do the same, or at least clean it out and check the Additive level.

The issue with the brake and indicator lights showing as faulty when they are not is due to poor earthing of the rear light clusters. A fix for this is documented on several Peugeot Forums on the net and involves adding an additional earth wire to the lights if you fancy doing the job yourself. I've done this modification to mine when the errors appeared and they stopped for good.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yoshiktk

Any opinions on 2.0L diesel from 407SW? Or 1.6L. Some time ago my wife sit in one, that was love from the first sight. Its a shame that I cant say the same, have a little bit of "no no" for french cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,843 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Had a problem with the car a few weeks back, engine cut out for a second followed by esp/asr warning, this happened twice a few days apart. Local garage ran a diagnostic and nothing showed because the esp warning disappeared after I restarted the engine. Car has been fine since, anyone heard of this before?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Robtjregan

Hi.
    I know this is an old thread but I'm sure someone can help me. My 2008 P407 drivers rear parking bulb is staying on. Even when the stock for the lights are off it's the only bulb that stays on. Also when I pull the key out of the ignition it still stays on. Any thoughts on this problem? TIA

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement