Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planting tomatoes NOW! From seed

Options
  • 22-06-2011 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

Do any boarders know/think it possible to plant some tomatoes from seed as of now in my greenhouse (non heated but gets seriously hot with new roof)

I got some amazing seeds & I don't know how I'm going to wait!

I got some lovely giant beefsteak ones & yellow & White ones

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

suntottie wrote: »
    Do any boarders know/think it possible to plant some tomatoes from seed as of now in my greenhouse (non heated but gets seriously hot with new roof)

I got some amazing seeds & I don't know how I'm going to wait!

I got some lovely giant beefsteak ones & yellow & White ones

You could risk it, not unheard of to plant out toms this late in the year but its actually the temp differences between night and day that cause the problems with toms. Growth slows down and fruit starts splitting on the cold nights. But if you have a decent irrigation and feed system set up you might just nip in with a decent crop. Out of interest what isthe white variety called?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 gloriacollins

yeah its possible i have tried it.. but water it always...:)

Advertisement