Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to preorder a game

Options
  • 22-06-2011 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

I want to preorder a copy of Battlefield 3 in smyths toys how do i preorder it do i give them a deposit or what do i do.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

theres no need to preoder to be honest, its VERY rare that stores sell out

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

^ what they said, arrive on release day, pay money, skip home with new game in hand

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭seantobin43

yeah but i want to be 100% sure that the game will be there on the first day but how do i preorder

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Preorder is only worth it if you get freebie DLC for preordering

They will have loads of BF3 in stock, it's the blockbuster game this winter

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Back Prince

All ye have to do is go in and ask them if you can pre-order its usually around 3-5 euro may not be able to preorder it yet since its pretty early if its out around November.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭seantobin43

i want to get the limited edition

• Registered Users Posts: 35,001 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

yeah but i want to be 100% sure that the game will be there on the first day but how do i preorder

You have to cover yourself in chicken feathers and wait for a blood moon.

Failing that, just go into a shop and ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 irish_whiskey

Hey Sean, I would look at going to play.com possibly? Not sure if they have it for launch date. Alternatively, I know that when G4Xonline.com do launch they will be an Irish based company selling video games and doing Battlefield Bad Company 3 pre-orders that you will have come launch date.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Game are giving the limited edition to anyone who preorders and pays a €5 deposit (which is refundable if you change your mind). The LE only adds on the weapon mod pack. I can't imagine you'll have much trouble getting your hands on it; just go down to the store for the opening time on the day of release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Hey Sean, I would look at going to play.com possibly?

play.com is awful these days

they overcharge on the exchange rate and their delivery is pants

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 irish_whiskey

Really? lol well watch out for g4xonline.com so and since they will be Irish probably be handier ha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

gamesnash.ie is where I order mine (albeit there's not been much of interest to preorder in a long while). they always arrive the day before official release

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Pre-ordering is for shmucks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Helix wrote: »
    play.com is awful these days

they overcharge on the exchange rate and their delivery is pants

These days ? Lol they have always asked us to bend over when ordering in Euro :(

Pre-Order is only a gimmick , only pre-order if you want a limited Ed or the store has a certain pre-order bonus you want. I'd wait a while OP till you see who is offering what.

L.A Noire was a recent example , of a game worth pre-ordering the week before. There was free DLC with achievements/trophies that cost 320 ms points to buy 2 weeks later. Gamestop had that other shops had nothing for pre ordering and some had a dvd.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

All copies of BF3 will be the LE version for the first month or so. Look at Medal of Honour, all the copies were the LE version.

Some retailers are doing pre-order DLC packs which have early access to a few weapons and new maps but you can buy these later online if you want them. Play have some dogtags DLC to customise your online ID with. Thats about it.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

All copies of BF3 will be the LE version for the first month or so. Look at Medal of Honour, all the copies were the LE version.

Some retailers are doing pre-order DLC packs which have early access to a few weapons and new maps but you can buy these later online if you want them. Play have some dogtags DLC to customise your online ID with. Thats about it.

That's not 100% accurate. There were not enough limited editions to go round as pre orders had over subscribed them. In fact the distributors here were given 50% limited and 50% standard stock and quite a few retailers ourselves included were left short. It hasn't happened since mind you with an EA title and Battlefield 3 will be printing a lot more LE copies than MOH. :)

Advertisement