Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxis in Cork City

Options
  • 22-06-2011 11:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have to get from UCC to St. Patrick's Quay for the 7am bus so I was wondering what would be the best taxi crowd to book a cab with? I'm new to Cork and ive never actually been in a taxi here, so do they all charge the €2 call-out fee etc?

thanks

Comments

K cabs or B Line 021 431 40 40, they should be able to sort you out. I think the hackneys don't have a call out charge. They probably have at least one hackney on nightcar duty.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Bloody Nipples

DJ cabs are a taxi crowd that don't charge the 2 euro call out fee. I use them exclusively.

021-4363311

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭corkonion

the most reliable company in cork are without a doubt the co-op 0214272222 and clean cars and drivers

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

I'd second the Co-op!

I almost never have to get cabs, but invariably they turn up 10 mins early or late or not at all. When I want to get to the airport or a meeting, I need cabs to be on time!

I ordered a Co-op one last weekend and they were great, literally arrived on the dot of the time I ordered it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Yep, I third the Cork Taxi Co-Op. I always ring them and they're great, and I go out of my way to pick one up on the street when I'm going home after a night out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭corkonion

I was in a Cork taxi Co-op car this evening, and couldn't believe that they actually have free wifi in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭mimihops

+1 to Cork Taxi Co-Op, they are so reliable, they are the only crowd I use now.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Olidolly

and yet another vote for Taxi Coop. Outstanding. I have been using them for years for very early airport runs and they have never let me down. As said, always ahead of time, clean cars, friendly drivers.........I would not use any other taxi company.

Advertisement