Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat scratching post

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 297 ✭✭MaryK666

Hi rabbit.84,
    I know the feeling as we have 4 cats and have gone through a fair few scratching posts over the years.

I got my most recent ones from zooplus online and although they weren't exactly cheap (we got two huge floor to ceiling trees) they have really lasted so they're turning out to be a far better investment than buying several smaller, cheaper ones which need to be replaced every few months.

Most cats prefer something solid to scratch and those leaning ones just don't do the job. If it doesn't feel secure to your cat so he won't use it.

Check with the Irish, UK and German zooplus sites as prices can vary between them and that way you'll get the best deals.
    You can use a Feliway spray to deter your cat from scratching furniture in the house. It's available from most good vets or online. Again, it's not cheap but compare it to the cost of replacing your furniture and you're on the right track.
    Good luck finding something your cat will enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭rabbit.84

Hi MaryK666

I had problems with orders from zooplus before so dont use them anymore. What ones did you buy? Could have a look on other sites for them. I dont mind paying a bit for it if they would last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 297 ✭✭MaryK666

These are the two I've got. The Aruba one is huge but almost strong enough to support me along with the cats.

http://www.zooplus.ie/shop/cats/scratching_posts/large/138490

http://www.zooplus.ie/feedback/shop/cats/scratching_posts/large/127276

If you have the space, go for the Aruba. It is absolutely awesome and has huge thick posts perfect for scratching. Mine use them for hand over hand climbing and just love the thing. And although it's huge, it's relatively easy to put together too.

I've had the odd problem with zooplus deliverys before and it's usually down to the courier rather than zooplus but I've had no problems getting replacement items or refunds when required. It's usually just bad handling and food bags that have burst open as a result and they've always sorted me out. Maybe I'm just lucky.

Advertisement