Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pitch & Putt in Donegal

Options
  • 23-06-2011 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Not sure if this question is better asked here or the golf forum but are there any Pitch & Putt courses still operating in Donegal? A lot seem to be shut down or converted into housing estates. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,299 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I think the red roof in creeslough is still open, and theres one on the ardara to portnoo road....only two I know of in the north/west of the county

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Durnish

Sandfield pitch and putt is the one between Ardara and Portnoo. Very popular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

There is still on on your way into downings, one behind the pin tavern in letterkenny, there is one near kindrum in fanad, and one in sion mill's , in tyrone i know, only over the border and it's said to be the best around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Sion Mills is a good one aye, few minutes out between strabane and sion mills, on the right heading east.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

gooch2k9 wrote: »
    Sion Mills is a good one aye, few minutes out between strabane and sion mills, on the right heading east.

Definitely the best Pitch'n'Putt I've ever played on. Some good drives and difficult holes there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

deman wrote: »
    Definitely the best Pitch'n'Putt I've ever played on. Some good drives and difficult holes there.

Yeah its really good. The 18th hole is brilliant.

Pitch and putt in LK is crap and badly kept!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

inode wrote: »
    Pitch and putt in LK is crap and badly kept!

Used to be a great course about 15-20 years ago, i used to play it nearly everyday during the summer holidays. Its a shame it has become so rubbish. I think its only 9 holes now, some of that land is earmarked for the new bridge (should it ever be built).

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Satanta

Sion is by far the best. It is actually a par 3 golf course rather than pitch and put BTW

Advertisement