Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Obviously fake??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

deffo! isnt it that when people ring up they get charged a fortune or something like that, thats how they scam you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

Obviously fake. Why didn't you report it instead of starting a thread about it on here :confused:

Obviously fake. Why didn't you report it instead of starting a thread about it on here :confused:
    he wanted us to see it:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

Just after trying to see it there but Donedeal have pulled it. It's a good service, Donedeal.

my husband hauls tractors etc , he hauls for an exporter and he said if you see an ad you know is fake 9 times out of 10 its a dublin number and as soon as you dial the number you are charged at an extoritnate rate...so beware

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

whelan1 wrote: »
    my husband hauls tractors etc , he hauls for an exporter and he said if you see an ad you know is fake 9 times out of 10 its a dublin number and as soon as you dial the number you are charged at an extoritnate rate...so beware

You cannot be ripped by phoning a Dublin (01) number. That's standard rate number any way you call it, without exception.
    Now if it was an 18.. prefix or a 15.. prefix :eek::eek::eek:, you could loose your shirt:eek:

Anyway these tractor scams work differently. They post an add for an impossibly good looking tractor at a stupidly low price and stupid people fall for the trap. Call up the number. Get lured into sending a cheque for the freight of tractor from Europe or USA. Then you would be supposed to pay for the tractor once it lands. People send a couple of grand for the freight cost and wait for the shine tractor to arrive at the dock .......... it never turns up :confused::confused:

you try ringign the number next time, they are redirected to a premium number

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭lanod2407

1. If its redirected to a prem number I'd imagine that the charge would not be borne by the person dialing the 01 number - is this not the case?

2. The Journal had a story a few weeks back I think where someone 'bought' a tractor and spent weeks sending on more money to get it cleared from the port, onto the ship, through customs, etc. ......... painful reading and a lot of sympathy for the victim, but you do need to be somewhat naiive to go for some of those 'too good to be true' offers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Tora Bora wrote: »
    You cannot be ripped by phoning a Dublin (01) number. That's standard rate number any way you call it, without exception.
    Now if it was an 18.. prefix or a 15.. prefix :eek::eek::eek:, you could loose your shirt:eek:

Anyway these tractor scams work differently. They post an add for an impossibly good looking tractor at a stupidly low price and stupid people fall for the trap. Call up the number. Get lured into sending a cheque for the freight of tractor from Europe or USA. Then you would be supposed to pay for the tractor once it lands. People send a couple of grand for the freight cost and wait for the shine tractor to arrive at the dock .......... it never turns up :confused::confused:

do people still get caught out by that one. Thats years old!
    @whelan,
    heard the same thing as your husband said, but i heard it with mobile numbers. Your call is transfered to the number. Very easy do on most mobiles by the way.
    Edit; 'call divert', thats the words i was looking for

Advertisement