Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graffiti/Quote

Options
  • 23-06-2011 3:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I was just wondering does anyone remember a piece of text, most likely a quote from a poem/piece of literature that was written on a wall/bridge in Galway city centre near the River Corrib? I can't recall how the quote went but it mentioned a river or water, was only maybe two lines long... This would have been a few years ago and I'd say it's gone by now but I'm sure someone could remember what it said, it was in a very noticeable spot! Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭johnnyk66

I remember seeing it but can't remember the quote. I think it was on a wall where the new art-house cinema is being built:(

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Pure Sound

Even the weariest river finds somewhere safe to sea
    It was written where the arthouse is being constructed now. Had a quick search and its from this I'd imagine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Mr_Emmet

If it was the one where the new theater is being built I think it may have been one that ended "Silence is as deep as eternity" although this doesnt mention rivers or water but I think that was written in green paint around that area.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

At one point it said "in the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king"

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Pure Sound

Mr_Emmet wrote: »
    If it was the one where the new theater is being built I think it may have been one that ended "Silence is as deep as eternity" although this doesnt mention rivers or water but I think that was written in green paint around that area.
    I think it changed a couple of times, every time the council cleaned it a different quote would appear afterwards

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Carcis

I quite enjoyed the presence of that particular graffiti. Something really hippyish about it that really hit Galways nail on the head!

There's a line on the otherside of the river somwhere reading "practice random acts of kindness" that I liked. I don't know if it's still there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Sid Sarcastic

Das Kitty wrote: »
    At one point it said "in the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king"

Yes I think it went something like

In the country of the blind
    The one-eyed man is king
    But before you go a-stroking him
    Be sure to take off your ring
    :cool:

Advertisement