Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recerse Osmosis setup question

• 23-06-2011 8:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

Hi all.

I had a 5 stage RO (umpumped unit) installed under my kitchen sink several years ago. It has never given any problems. I have changed prefilters yearly and membrane every 2 years. However, with water charges a present torn in my side I am a bit worried as to the amount of water coming out the drain pipe. I looked into it and I have found that there is no flow restrictor on tne black drain pipe which comes from the membrane. I was wondering should there be one there? I tried to contact the installer but he is not available. Should I have this restrictor valve in place to stop water travelling where there is least resistance and hence wasteing more water than it should?
    On another note, my incoming pressure measured from the pressure dial on the RO unit is just over 2Bar, maybe 35PSI max. I was wondering should I have a pump in place here to boost the pressure of water coming from the faucet? My tank is working fine and pumped to the required pressure of 8PSI. It works fine but just very slow sometimes when trying to fill the kettle! The system is working fine, in that it is removing just over 90% of TDS. My membrance is a 50GPD one.

Should I make any adjustments to my system to boost performance (flow rate) and reduce water waste?

Thanks everyone.

Advertisement