Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat missing from Bremore Pastures Ave, Balbriggan.

Options
  • 23-06-2011 9:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭

Hi all,

My black cat, Bear, has been missing for over 24 hours in Bremore Pastures Ave, Balbriggan. He tends to have a routine where he hunts/ goes wandering at night and comes back at 10am every morning. He never came home yesterday and I'm starting to worry.

He's a neutered male, 1.5 years old. He is black, with a white belly, white paws and a white chin. He's very thin and slender looking. He also has a dent in his fur about two inches from the end of his tail from where he got a bite a few months ago. It's fairly noticible.

He refuses to wear a collar, so he's not wearing one. He's very affectionate, and loves a cuddle. He loves the fields around Bremore Pastures and regularly wanders around them. We have a cat flap so he comes and goes as he pleases- but he is very habitual and sticks to the same routine.

If anyone sees him around, or (God forbid) saw him knocked down, couold you get in contact with me. I'm so worried :(

The photos should give a good idea of his white markings.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Try not to excessively worry Lilly, as hard as it is! My cat went awol for 3 days and nights last summer and i was frantic. Strolled back not a bother on him. The warm weather means cats want to stay out for longer and have no concept of time etc.

Have you posted on www.lostandfound.ie yet? Posters in shops etc also grab peoples attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kjbsrah1

Also post on balbriggan.info its an excellent local site for lost and found animals.

Hope you find her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Lillylilly

Thanks. I've posted it in a few places, and on Balbriggan Facebook pages. Just over a month ago, my partner found a cat that had been killed by a car and he thought it was Bear, but thankfully it wasn't. Suppose I'm just panicking as we thought Bear was dead for a while. He usually sticks to a routine but maybe he found some new playmates!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Hi Lilly,

As anniehoo posted try not to worry. I had a cat from when I was a teen right up until my late 20s. The little fecker twice in those 14 years went AWOL for several days. This is just something that cats do, even neutered cats. I don't know why they do it but they do. I know it's worrying but try not to let it get you down too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Popsy

Hi Lilly,

While walking the dogs I saw a black cat with a small amount of white markings over in the Martello estate. Sorry its not a better description but for obvious reasons the cat wouldn't come near me with the dogs.

The cat was over at the houses which boarder the fields.

Hope it helps

• Advertisement

Thanks for the support, lads.
    You were right- and I shouldn't have worried- the little maggot arrived home at 1am. He was starving and shattered. He ate loads and slept til about 9am!
    I'm so so happy to have him home :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I just love a happy ending! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Told ya :D.... they're feckers!

If you havent done so already i advise getting him microchipped.Just in case he ever was knocked down or lost completely you might have a better chance of getting him back!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭rccaulfield

Is he missing again-seen his twin out my back thieving grub the last 2 nights?

So many cats in this area are identical!

• Advertisement

Is he missing again-seen his twin out my back thieving grub the last 2 nights?

Ooops- it probably was! Sorry about that :o
    He goes out most nights, but went missing again for the whole day and night yesterday. I reckon it's as Anniehoo said, and he's enjoying the warm weather. I really hoped he wouldn't turn into a galavanting cat :P

Advertisement