Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

References?

Options
  • 23-06-2011 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,756 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry folks
    This may sound like a stupide question but this will be my first time renting, so i was what should my work reference say?
    Just wondering what to ask my boss to put down .

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,756 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Sorry folks also wondering would i better getting a written reference from my boss, or get the reference on email, Just thinking an email would be handier to pass on and be there if i need it again. ? what u think ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Most work places give a generic reference of "Mr. X has been an employee here from date x to present" and nothing more. And that should be perfectly ok for any landlord that needs a work reference really, don't worry about it too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,756 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Do u get it on mail or written letter ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Written letter on headed paper if you can

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Penguino

Do u get it on mail or written letter ?

Make sure there is a contact number as the letting agent should contact your boss to check the reference

• Advertisement
Advertisement