Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creche/Childcare in Galway

Options
  • 23-06-2011 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

We are looking for a Creche in Galway for around Sept on and it seems EVERYWHERE is booked up bar one place and they are charging 170 a week (we only need 3 days).

Anyone got any recomendations ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

You need 3 full-time days per week? Ouch. Most creches will do part-time, some who aren't aware we're in a recession only offering full time, but will charge the full week for 52 weeks a year (even when they are closed!). Get on the phone and verify if anyone will even take you at 3 days per week.

I think you'll find for your scenario that childminders are going to be much more flexible. You never know, some creche's are a bit more flexible now. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

http://www.childcare.ie/businesses/county/Galway

What age is your child? Look in to ECCE if the year before starting school.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Fiddlesnap

Thanks Newkie - yeah, I was thinking childcare or aupair may be the way to go... Baby is 10 weeks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Baby boom, how are ye?

I'd also echo the childminder bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 UrsulaS

hello :) I am au pair in Galway now, maybe I could help but please send me some details on priv. msg if you are interested :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭xflyer

I happen to know Roscam will have a couple of vacancies in September. Don't ask how I know;). They are very good but expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 luap2007

What Area of Galway are you Looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Fiddlesnap

We are in the knocknacarra area

• Registered Users Posts: 48 luap2007

Fiddlesnap wrote: »
    We are in the knocknacarra area

Private mail me and i will give you the details for a creche in knocknacarra area.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 UrsulaS

When do you need help with kids?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭bigtuna

I know one of the girls I work with has her children in Puddle ducks (I think) in Shantalla. She is very impressed with them. I'm not sure availability but might be worth a look if you have not already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 talkingabout

170 seems v expensive if for 3 days.
    This is the price we pay for our creche in barna for a full week, and its an award winning creche.

Advertisement