Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Qantas Question

Options
  • 23-06-2011 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭

Well i purchased flights yesterday to travel to brisbane. I gave them all my details and paid ect and even selected my advaced seat for 20$ to ensure i got a decent one. The thing is they havnt taken the actual flight cost from my bank? Has anyone had this trouble before?.

On my FF section its saying ihave my flights booked and stuff so its kinda weird.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 motorbikemania

Not sure , but maybe it takes a couple of days to clear the payment?

I am looking for a return ticket to cairns but cant seem to find anything under 1500 euro for departure in 2 weeks time! Did you think qantas were reasonable?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Not sure , but maybe it takes a couple of days to clear the payment?

I am looking for a return ticket to cairns but cant seem to find anything under 1500 euro for departure in 2 weeks time! Did you think qantas were reasonable?

Whats even weirder is they took the money for my seat selection and say im confirmed on my flight. Im also able to check in lol. I can even change my destination as i booked semi flexi. Im getting a bit worried.

Ehm it cost me 1449 leaving in 12 days and coming back in april 2012 is decent enough at short notice. Im also able to change my departure date free of charge so thats a big +.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 gallagbr

This happened me. The card company had put a security lock on my card as the payment was made in the middle of the night irish time and was obviously of a considerable amount. I just rang my card provider and got them to lift the restriction, then asked qantas to process the payment again.

Hope this helps.

gallagbr wrote: »
    This happened me. The card company had put a security lock on my card as the payment was made in the middle of the night irish time and was obviously of a considerable amount. I just rang my card provider and got them to lift the restriction, then asked qantas to process the payment again.

Hope this helps.

I done it midday along with buying things after where the money went through.

Il ring ym bank up none the less and check sounds for that

• Registered Users Posts: 30 gallagbr

ASOT wrote: »
    I done it midday along with buying things after where the money went through.

Il ring ym bank up none the less and check sounds for that

I booked the tickets in the afternoon. the problem arose when qantas tried to process the payment (in oz i presume) during the night irish time.

• Advertisement

gallagbr wrote: »
    I booked the tickets in the afternoon. the problem arose when qantas tried to process the payment (in oz i presume) during the night irish time.

Yeah true that. Right il ring them anyway nice one mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

ASOT wrote: »
    Well i purchased flights yesterday to travel to brisbane. I gave them all my details and paid ect and even selected my advaced seat for 20$ to ensure i got a decent one. The thing is they havnt taken the actual flight cost from my bank? Has anyone had this trouble before?.

On my FF section its saying ihave my flights booked and stuff so its kinda weird.

Same happened to me, I think it was because the cost exceeded the limit on my credit card so I just got the limit increased with the bank, rebooked and it went through.

Same happened to me, I think it was because the cost exceeded the limit on my credit card so I just got the limit increased with the bank, rebooked and it went through.

I booked with my debit card when i had and still have alot more money that needed in my account :S il go and ask the bank today whats up cheers.

Well it turns out that it just took a few days for the money to go through.

My bad cheers for the help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 examtired

Was just wondering which Qantas site allow you to book flight from Dublin to Melbourne and an internal flight. The Irish site is only allowing the international part and when I select multi - city it only departs from England.

Can't get through to their telephone sales.

Any help really appreciated, need to book 3 flights soon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement