Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any jobs now in TEFL in Ireland?

• 23-06-2011 10:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Having read through all the hugely informative threads related to TEFL training and employment abroad, would be really interested in hearing the opinions of those in the know on whether it is even worth considering training in this area with the purpose of finding employment in Ireland.

A CELTA or CELT course is a hefty enough investment. As I don't have the option to travel for work in this area, I'd be restricted to looking for work here. In the opinion of those better informed than me, is it worth considering or should I try something else?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 603 ✭✭✭dapto1

It's hard to find anything full-time. I taught TEFL in an IT, and all of the teachers had to supplement that with teaching or working in other places as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭BQQ

very difficult to find anything full-time.
    will be mostly short-term contracts.

very busy during summer months, not so much the rest of the year.
    If you're looking to make a career out of it i wouldn't bother. Just if you want some summer work or teaching experience IMO

I'm a former tefl teacher btw (made redundant)

Advertisement