Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not paid overtime over a year ago.

Options
  • 23-06-2011 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Over a year ago I worked over my contracted hours for around a year and half.At that time I was told I was not entitled to over time pay however I have now found out that I was entitled to receive overtime pay and the amount of overtime I should of received would be around 2000 to 3000 euro.

What I have been told by the HR manager is that under the working time act I can only go back 6 months as regards any overtime I should of received which means I will miss out on a few thousand euro and receive nothing as I have not worked over my contracted hours in the last six months.

Can someone please tell me where I stand in this situation and what are my rights as I feel I am still entitled to the overtime pay which I did not receive through no fault of my own.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Try NERA .... google it, posting from my phone

• Registered Users Posts: 40 bejaysus

I tried the NERA website but could not find any information in regards to how far back in time can go in addressing an underpayment in salary.

Advertisement