Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coolmine BJJ Belt Promotions and Stripes

• 23-06-2011 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

After a year in training Coolmine BJJ had our first belt testing under head SBG Coach John Kavanagh.

I would like to congratulate CBJJ's first ever Blue Belt Adam Corcoran and our first ever junior Grade yellow Alex O'Sullivan.

Also Congratulations to Liam Greaney on four stripe white, Robert burke, Scobie Burke, Craig McLoughlin, Stephen Monnelly, Daire McCabe and Mark O'Toole on three stripes.

And the other four lads who got their very first stripe of many! Two belts and about 30 Stripes might not mean a lot to some people but every stripe is like a little belt for me.

Huge thanks and respect again to JK for all his coaching and support, and thanks to everyone in the BJJ community in Ireland. The fact that BJJ is established so well in this Country, due to the effort of the more experienced Coaches like JK and of course Andy Ryan and all those others who have organised tournaments etc etc it makes it so much easier for me as a relatively new Coach to coach! So thanks guys.

I can see only big things in the future for Irish BJJ. Really looking forward to the Munster Open now, the best tournament in the Country! :)

Best wishes to all in the Irish BJJ Communtiy, see you on the mat!

Lukey

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Had Adam done any grappling before that Luke ? or any of the lads who got 4 or 3 stripes, Impressive.

Congrats!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭da-bres

Well done luke and team!

Adam corcoran is a beast, well done bro!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

Pretty sure Adam's a judo black belt and quite the competitor. Must be something in the Corcoran blood!

Congrats to all the boys and you Luke, great achievement by all of yez! Sound bunch of lads and well deserved in every respect! Ossss!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭lukeyjudo

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Had Adam done any grappling before that Luke ? or any of the lads who got 4 or 3 stripes, Impressive.

Congrats!

Adam is Irish Judo Champ and an international medalist, but he loves BJJ. He wants to be like Flavio Canto, dangerous on his feet and dangerous on the ground! :)

One of my three srtripers done a bit of judo and is a brown belt in my Dad's Japanese Jiu Jitsu Club. The rest I have taken from civilians to their current level. :)

Thanks guys! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rob01

SDTimeout wrote: »

Congrats!

Just for a rough guideline. For myself and my brother it was roughly 3 months training once a week and 6 months twice a week (between Gi and NoGi)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Well done and congrats to all Luke.

I know from chatting with your lads in The Gypsy Rose bar that they hold you and JK in the highest regard.

I wish you all continued success.

Advertisement