Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mega bookstores in the blanchardstown area

Options
  • 23-06-2011 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

Are there any anymore?

Are there any in Ireland actually?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Chapters in town is the biggest one left that I know of.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Travel is good

I agree, it's a very poor selection of large book stores in the area. There is really no enticement for me to go to Blanchardstown any more, since Borders closed. I'm not mad about Easons, it's a bit pricey.

I mainly head into town (Dublin) now for a browse, then I order online.

The best shops in town are the Gutter book shop, Chapters and Hodges Figgis.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

Chapters and Hodges + Fidges are the two best bookshops in the country. I'm also a fan of the second hand bookshop, the one in George's Street Arcade is fantastic, has antique books but also an eclectic collection of mainly out of print books. I've picked up many good history books there over the years.

The Oxfam bookshop just opposite the Porterhouse on the Quays is a little gem of a place also. I really like the book shop across the road from Trinity as well, its like a timewarp from the 1890s. (Minus the top hats and chauvinism)

Advertisement