Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICB Question

Options
  • 23-06-2011 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

HI All

I have am talking to the bank about getting a personal loan for a new car now i already have a loan and just want to do a top up on the old one.

I have had a call from them yesterday saying that on my ICB report there was an issue with a CC i had in 2006 i did explain what happened here and they said i need to get proof of payment which i have been trying to get from BOI which is proving impossible. Now i have had my other loan since 2007 and have never missed a payment can please advise how much will the ICB report impact there decision?

Thanks in advance for all the replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

It depends on the size of the debt and what happened. It could impact you on getting/not getting the loan, the terms of the loan (interest/repayment period) or collateral (they may require someone else to be liable for the loan with you). Or it may have zero impact (but the fact they called you I presume it will have some impact. It's difficult to know for certain.

I would definitely be pushing BOI for that evidence if it helps your case

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭bailes

you say this happened in 2006, the icb should only retain information on completed loans for 5 years so i would also ask BOI when this will be taken off the ICB. you will have problems getting the loan or will pay over the top with your ICB the way it is at present

Advertisement