Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surfing + Sun + September

Options
  • 23-06-2011 11:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    Am hoping some people can help me with European holiday locations which would have good surf around the second week of September. Does anyone have any recommendations? Ideally somewhere warm and sunny too! Thanks a mill :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Tom Fiat

Try the Canary Islands
    or Portugal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

SW west portugal, fly into Faro, stay in Lagos and surf around the west coast or south coast if it's big bit it's not great for beginners

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Try the Canary Islands

In particular Fuerteventura, which is a hotbed for surfing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Emelio

I think Spain is best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭luisspellcast

i might be booking a long weekend in portugal in the first or second week of september - i'll be flying to lisbon (for a friends wedding) and then i'll head north or south depending on the conditions - i can let you know and feel free to join - a few other surfers (and non surfers) are going for the craic - plan is to go saturday to wednesday (or thursday) to either peniche or sw (malhao, mil fontes or sagres)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

i might be booking a long weekend in portugal in the first or second week of september - i'll be flying to lisbon (for a friends wedding) and then i'll head north or south depending on the conditions - i can let you know and feel free to join - a few other surfers (and non surfers) are going for the craic - plan is to go saturday to wednesday (or thursday) to either peniche or sw (malhao, mil fontes or sagres)
    If you head to the SW send me a PM I've the number for a lady who rents out appartement in Arrifina, would make a great base.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭luisspellcast

sure - i never stayed at arrifana before, i usually stay a bit up close to mil-fontes - and, btw, i'm portuguese and my parents live in sines =)

but if you were there before and recommend, sure, send me a pm with the number, please - i'd say it's a good resting point before heading to sagres

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Bahaha

i was in San Sebastian, Spain around the same time last year.. great surf and a great town.. lots of fun

the year before, i was north of Lisbon in badel.. better surfing but then its was not as cool as San Sebastian but a cheaper trip

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭DenMan

Hi guys

I'm moving to Malta in September and am going to take up surfing. I am a beginner and will be starting from scratch. I'm just wondering has anyone ever surfed there before? I've been in contact with a surfing club there and the feedback was very positive. It's definitely growing in popularity in Europe for surfing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement