Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sausages

Options
  • 23-06-2011 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

Hi guys I have lots of Denny sausages which have to b used today. Any simple recipes out there for a dinner?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

I love toad in the hole - really easy to make too

Brown the sausies in a big dish in the oven in oil and then pour yorkshire pudding batter in (you will find the recipe anywhere).

Yum with lots of gravy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Dovies wrote: »
    I love toad in the hole - really easy to make too

Brown the sausies in a big dish in the oven in oil and then pour yorkshire pudding batter in (you will find the recipe anywhere).

Yum with lots of gravy

My mum used to make this when I was small. Mountains of spuds with sausies sticking out of them!

My boyfriend sometimes makes pasta with some tomato stir in sauce and chops up some sausages and stirs them in.

Fry up for dinner? Sausages beans and chips?

Sausie sambos?

I love sausies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

+1 on the pasta

http://www.mydaily.co.uk/2010/10/19/jamie-olivers-30-minute-meals-jools-pregnant-pasta/

make this one myself regularly, its yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

This is fantastic - make it all the time. Quick, and full of nyomz:
    http://icanhascook.wordpress.com/2010/12/01/snowed-in-sausage-and-bean-bake-thingy/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Boil some potatoes and mash them with plenty of salt and pepper. I always add a bit more pepper than you would think normal it gives a nice flavor.
    Add knob of real butter and some milk. Give it a good mash. I also stir the potato while mashing. So mash, mash, mash, stir, stir, mash and so on until creamy.
    Dice some onion up and mix it through the mash, the amount depend on how much you like onion. I love onion so I put a good bit in.
    Fry up two eggs and cook some beans and the sausages.
    Place a good portion of mash on the plate along with the eggs and beans.
    Now stick the sausages into the mash so they are sticking up in the air.
    Its a very tasty combination, and wont taste the same if you just place the sausages on the plate :D
    Enjoy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

take them out of their skins and make sausage patties or meatballs, you can then add extra seasoning to give them an added kick.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭martic

Sausages,fried onions a runny fried egg,mashed potatoes and a tin of baked beans mmmmmmmm that's dinner sorted for me this evening I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

If you have a slow cooker, this one is nice.

Autumn sausage casserole

Grill your sausages and chop up into bite size pieces. Add to slow cooker with cooked rice, chopped carrots, onions and apples, and season with salt, pepper and allspice (cinnamon, nutmeg etc.) Pour in some chicken stock and leave to cook away by itself all day.

Or you could always make coddle - the sausages are the best part!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

You could try coddle.
    • Soften some onions and carrots in some oil
    • Add in some stock or water
    • Add Potatos (diced or halved, the smaller they are the quicker they will cook) and sausages and bacon
    • Bring to the boil and simmer until everything is cooked
    It may not look the most appetising, but the flavour is gorgeous.

Advertisement