Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to break out of desktop support..

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

mickman wrote: »
    so your a salesman! you shouldnt try and offer advice in an IT certification forum if you have no interest in them or their vaule.

Mick,i am in IT since 1997,i have being an IT Techie for the whole time...
    Seriosly,unless you know me,i consider that you like my name or just your systems are 110% uptime and you have time to spend online !!

WE are going completely offtopic here...please let's try to be in a constructive conflict ! For everyone..

I can tell you more about myself,about my IT experience working for somebody and now,working for myself as an IT Consultant ! But,in private,around a cup of coffee... your IP Reply.. :)

sorry CorkFenian,you said the topic is dying... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

rolion wrote: »
    Mick,i am in IT since 1997,i have being an IT Techie for the whole time...
    Seriosly,unless you know me,i consider that you like my name or just your systems are 110% uptime and you have time to spend online !!

WE are going completely offtopic here...please let's try to be in a constructive conflict ! For everyone..

I can tell you more about myself,about my IT experience working for somebody and now,working for myself as an IT Consultant ! But,in private,around a cup of coffee... your IP Reply.. :)

sorry CorkFenian,you said the topic is dying... :)

with all due respect, an IT consultant going around saying that certs are a waste of time and especially someone who wont even do the vcp when they have an opportunity is not someone to be listened to

with all due respect, an IT consultant going around saying that certs are a waste of time and especially someone who wont even do the vcp when they have an opportunity is not someone to be listened to

that will be the forth time of "byte my ass",really,you have an attitude problem...but i like that you are a straight talking guy !

Mickman,look around you...take contact with the market ,man !!! where are those jobs,in HR department ??!

You want Certification ?? Fine...i can't post here the web site link but...you go there,download the ".vce" file,memorise it like mad and then ,same day / next day go to a local testing centre and do the memory dump ! Happy ???? Are you going to listen to me now ????
    That is the "Certification" type that i am talking about !!!! That is the type of Certied System Engineers i have to compete with on the real world,real market !! But you can't fcuking read thorugh the lines...and i am sure than you are not going to ask me about that link,surely is in your favorites !

i'm off,i have to attend a meeting hoping it will pay my bills !! :)

regards

here are a few, it took me all of 5 seconds to find these

http://www.recruitireland.com/job/senior-windows-and-virtualization-expert-dublin-city-centre/14474042/

note half way down it says "A VCP qualification would be highly advantageous."

http://www.recruitireland.com/job/senior-systems-administrator-dublin-city-centre/14476706/

note at the bottom it says "technology certification in microsoft, vmware and cisco are an advantage"

i rest my case

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Shamo

that will be the forth time of "byte my ass",really,you have an attitude problem...but i like that you are a straight talking guy !

Mickman,look around you...take contact with the market ,man !!! where are those jobs,in HR department ??!

You want Certification ?? Fine...i can't post here the web site link but...you go there,download the ".vce" file,memorise it like mad and then ,same day / next day go to a local testing centre and do the memory dump ! Happy ???? Are you going to listen to me now ????
    That is the "Certification" type that i am talking about !!!! That is the type of Certied System Engineers i have to compete with on the real world,real market !! But you can't fcuking read thorugh the lines...and i am sure than you are not going to ask me about that link,surely is in your favorites !

i'm off,i have to attend a meeting hoping it will pay my bills !! :)

regards

I've been trying not to say anything but can you actually punctuate properly or is this the way you type e-mails in the "real world"? You should remain calm and try have a discussion, not flare up like an angry teenager.

Certifications offer the company you work for better partnership levels and customer opinion on your engineers. They are essential to most ICT companies.
    You are right, some people braindump exams, but at the end of the day they get found out when asked to do project or task based on it.

• Advertisement

Shamo wrote: »
    I've been trying not to say anything but can you actually punctuate properly or is this the way you type e-mails in the "real world"? You should remain calm and try have a discussion, not flare up like an angry teenager.

Certifications offer the company you work for better partnership levels and customer opinion on your engineers. They are essential to most ICT companies.
    You are right, some people braindump exams, but at the end of the day they get found out when asked to do project or task based on it.

i agree. makes you think what kind of a consultant he is .i would have imagined excellent written and verbal skills would be quite important in consultancy to create project documents etc

the poor guy is obviously very bitter that he cant pass the exams :-)

what does "take contact with the market man" mean anyway

@all

i received an infraction message.

i am out of this topic,where mickman's personal attack to me is quite invisible to moderator !
    with your permission ... do not argue with someone as he brings you to his level and beats you !

good luck and keep up the good work !

regards.

maybe you should do that course you were on about

"@mickman...is the third time when you "byte my ass" with your attitude...as you said,with your more than 10 years IT experience,i advise you to go next to do a human relationship and behaviour course for the rest of your IT life !!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Shamo wrote: »

This. Certs aren't everything but they open doors for you and your employers.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Certs show a willingness to learn and progress.

• Advertisement

i agree. makes you think what kind of a consultant he is .i would have imagined excellent written and verbal skills would be quite important in consultancy to create project documents etc

the poor guy is obviously very bitter that he cant pass the exams :-)

i thought to keep away from polemics,but some fonline friends kind of asked me to what level i'm i going to be when i will reply to you... :)

so,let me tell you something: i have spent over 20,000 in education,training and related in last 10 years,and then i realise that i have to make a big decision:between paying the soft paper certs,upgrade/pass the exams with the redundancy money....i had to chose in paying my mortgage !
    bottom line.

so...let's begin:

i have been in IT before 2000s,started with DOS and so on...
    i have all the certs i wanted and needed:

MCP/MCSA/MCSE for Microsoft Windows

Cisco CCNA,then 2/3 of Cisco CCNP,as they have changed the exam structure also,i had to look after my redundancy money !

All VMWare tests just before the VCP,as the company i worked for wasn't interested in that market years ago...also,i had to manage my redundancy money !

thousands spent in Trinity College degree,3/4 as well unfinshed due to redundancy...

all certs looked nice on my desk,by the way !!
    sometime,the company decides what path or direction you can follow,as you canmot train for SQL Database admin if your company doesn't do... SQL !!

dunno onn other certs,maybe later !

i have started with Windows 2000 on that server,with all attached documentation,resource kits and books !
    online access wasn't great as it is today...

then,earlier this year...i have finished a over 25k project and i will upgrade my certification to Server 2008 as i feel i need the deep of th enew changes in the new OS.
    But,only after i get paid for this job...

Also,i have purchased/upgraded 3 (three) physical servers to work ,plan,test in my lab before going on-site to resolve issues or propose solutions...

re VCP and VMware...working on a VDI project not sure if that goes thorugh but hopefully in september this old site ,with lots of physical servers might go under a virtual consolidation,that will pay me a nice amount to to my VCP...or..maybe i might go for Red Hat Engineer,as there are too many VCPs already !!!

then...the Cisco lab that costs me thousands years ago...is on sale on adverts,if you want to see how i got my certs !

http://www.adverts.ie/632526

now,that is all,i have to run...

we got on the wrong feet here,sorry,middle finger on the keyboard ,man !

certs are nothing without hands-on and experience !my thought...

now,with due respect... show me yours,please,thanks in advance...

re VCP and VMware...working on a VDI project not sure if that goes thorugh but hopefully in september this old site ,with lots of physical servers might go under a virtual consolidation,that will pay me a nice amount to to my VCP...or..maybe i might go for Red Hat Engineer,as there are too many VCPs already !!!

"that will pay me a nice amount to to my VCP" - what does this mean

thanks for all the nice pictures of ur ups's by the way, that proves a lot. what a laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

Why are you doing posting images of a real site online?
    For someone with so much knowledge, you know little about security common sense.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement