Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to find out if my house is held as Tenants in Common

Options
  • 23-06-2011 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I was just wondering if there is a way that I can check if a house I bought jointly is held as Tenants in Common. I would prefer not to go to my solicitor. We used the other person's solicitor when purchasing the house and they have assured me that it is held as Tenants in Common, but I would like to check to be sure.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭blueythebear

mwalsh7 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I was just wondering if there is a way that I can check if a house I bought jointly is held as Tenants in Common. I would prefer not to go to my solicitor. We used the other person's solicitor when purchasing the house and they have assured me that it is held as Tenants in Common, but I would like to check to be sure.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ask the solicitor for a copy of the folio or the transfer.

If you don't want to do that, go to the Land Registry and request a copy folio...Or go to Registry of Deeds and do a search. You'll need to know if the property is registered or not.

You should really have gotten something in writing on this though, like a copy contract or folio or something from the solicitor.

Advertisement