Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ronseal fence life

• 23-06-2011 11:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭

Does anybody know what the difference is between ronseal fence life sprayable and non sprayable version other than the price, in other words if you put the non sprayable version in a sprayer will it do damage to it?

Comments

Ronseal, it does exactly what it says on the tin

sprayable would indicate that paint is designed and mixed to a consistency to work with a sprayer

using regular paint may work if you're lucky, or you might wreck your sprayer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 smurnoff1486

The non sprayable version is being taken off the markets soon and only sprayable will be available, does the same job! Best applied with a big sponge as it is a stain not a varnish, and can be watered down prior to use to get better coverage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

The non-sprayable is basically coloured water. Useless.

How did they get away with charging actual money for this slop for so long?:confused:

The sprayable is a bit better. I put it on with a brush though.

Quicker 'n easier really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

The Ronseal fencelife paint is ****, your just wasting money buying coloured water.

"How do I know this I hear you say?"

I bought it 2 years running and the second year was the the more expensive 5 year one and it just fades off it just as quick. Less than a year. And I brushed it on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mrmarker

I just moved house , and 3 years ago i used a product called Sikkens HLS it was a bit more expensive than the Fencelife but its still perfect on the fence 3 years on . As far as i can remember it is oil based

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 sunnihuckle

The Ronseal fencelife paint is ****, your just wasting money buying coloured water.

"How do I know this I hear you say?"

I bought it 2 years running and the second year was the the more expensive 5 year one and it just fades off it just as quick. Less than a year. And I brushed it on!
    agree mine was brushed on and just washed off first winter after a few months. crap waste of money

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

the fencelife and shedlife stuff is poor to be fair, the standard wood preserver is more expensive, but seems a much better job overall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

agree mine was brushed on and just washed off first winter after a few months. crap waste of money

I spent a fortune on this crap a few years ago. I would never buy anything Ronseal again. All your getting is a good name.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Armchair birdman

Hi giys im puttin green over cedar red,its taking 5 coats,do yas think if I put some brown on first then the green,it would help,im using the ronseal paint on.also somebody here said they wer using an oil based traetment,i thought oil based didnt work on sawn timber,cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Armchair birdman

Hi giys im puttin green over cedar red,its taking 5 coats,do yas think if I put some brown on first then the green,it would help,im using the ronseal paint on.also somebody here said they wer using an oil based traetment,i thought oil based didnt work on sawn timber,cheers
    What about ronseal 5yr duckback is this anyway better than ronseal,cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement