Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The "Today I did something to my car" thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,616 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Gary ITR wrote: »
    I discovered today that my high compression pistons have been binned accidently.

Not a happy bunny, Nobody's fault but my own, I left them somewhere silly

What a sickner :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

So you'll do them all at the meet yeah? :pac:

If only I was going:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

If only I was going:(

We could just have another one the next weekend at Atlas. ;)

You could do all the discounted work then and make us tea while we wait. :D

dar83 wrote: »
    We could just have another one the next weekend at Atlas. ;)

You could do all the discounted work then and make us tea while we wait. :D

Do the work and make the tea?:eek::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

More mudding was conducted :p

Do the work and make the tea?:eek::D

Yep, it's all part of your discount deal, didn't you know?! :rolleyes: :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

vectra wrote: »
    What a sickner :o

Indeed... My baffled sump is also missing. On the other hand I got a Neptune Demon ECU for free so all in all I'm quids in :D

Indeed... My baffled sump is also missing. On the other hand I got a Neptune Demon ECU for free so all in all I'm quids in :D

How the Fekk did anyone dump all those parts..!!

ECU sort of makes up for it alright :D

How the Fekk did anyone dump all those parts..!!

ECU sort of makes up for it alright :D

Well the garage in it's current guise has ceased trading, I'm going to be retailing parts still but mostly through the soon to be launced website

Our rent was too high and we were in a terrible location so Mick has decided to retire the lucky sod :D So the garage has been getting cleared the last couple of weeks and some of my stuff unfortunately got mixed in with the scrap. I was undecided about using those pistons again anyway so my mind has just been made up for me. I'm going Eagle Rods, Ross Racing Pistons this time

The ECU is for the Civic, we had planned to borrow mine but now that doesn't need to happen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

Today I had a Parrot MKi9200 installed. Great for playin the moosic from the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Today I had a Parrot MKi9200 installed. Great for playin the moosic from the phone.

Got any pics? Never really sure how big those screens are :D

Fully assembled a bottom end and put on a decent gearbox :)

Its coming to life bit by bit :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Got any pics? Never really sure how big those screens are :D

This is it in my old car.

13122009352.jpg

Hmm.. I'm considering getting one at some stage in the future and adding in a Unika to have essentially factory voice control with the added benefits of the parrot. Not sure if I prefer the 9200, 9100 or 9000 (no screen)

Voice control annoys me tbh. It's very hit and miss. Bury do a nice kit too for text reading.

• Advertisement

I wonder if there's any way I could get SIRI working in the car... hmm...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

I wonder if there's any way I could get SIRI working in the car... hmm...

As EPM has shown, the screen is bigger than you'd think. With the small amoun of time ive had playing with the kit, I've found the voice dialling works quite well.

I'll head out to the car in a bit to see if I can use Siri through it.

EPM is that one of those small bottles of water (250ml) or is that just a really big cup holder? The one decent thiong missing from most cars is a decent cupholder

In saying that the Focus I have now has the best cup holders I've ever had

EPM is that one of those small bottles of water (250ml) or is that just a really big cup holder? The one decent thiong missing from most cars is a decent cupholder

Yeah, it's a tiny one. I had an armrest and that takes away the two decent cupholders in the Leons. Was a PITA not being able to stick a coffee cup in it. That slot was where the ashtray actually was.

I've got 4 in the octy plus a fridge:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Just back from ford to get a job done on a tensioner pulley. The thing is it wasn't the pulley as I taught, it was the coil pack misfiring but no codes listed. The jobs done anyway and the car pulls like 100 race horses :D. I could have tackled this job myself but they had the part and only needed to install it. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

There was someone here a while back started a thread and the deciding factor was gonna be the quality / size of the cupholder! :eek::eek::eek:

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    There was someone here a while back started a thread and the deciding factor was gonna be the quality / size of the cupholder! :eek::eek::eek:

There is always one.....or two, wasn't someone also saying they might not buy a new golf because the base model didn't come with climate control?:rolleyes:

There is always one.....or two, wasn't someone also saying they might not buy a new golf because the base model didn't come with climate control?:rolleyes:

Climate > Cupholder to be fair.

There are certain things I wouldn't but a car without and climates one! Although manual air con on a vag is actually a form of climate control anyway so it's no real loss bar the dual zone.

EPM wrote: »
    Climate > Cupholder to be fair.

There are certain things I wouldn't but a car without and climates one! Although manual air con on a vag is actually a form of climate control anyway so it's no real loss bar the dual zone.

So if a new golf didn't come with climate control but the new Hyundai I30 for the same price and spec otherwise......you'd buy the Hyundai?:P

So if a new golf didn't come with climate control but the new Hyundai I30 for the same price and spec otherwise......you'd buy the Hyundai?:P

He's a fairy

He's a fairy

Like his hair blowing in the climate controlled breeze?:P

No, I'd buy a proceed instead of either.

My opinion is there are certain things I want in a car. Spend a very long time in it so why not get things that make life easier.

I also said in my last post that manual air con is fine in a golf.

My Integra had A/C, I never used it at all. If it was warm I opened a window and as for the car steaming up in the rain I put a dehumidifier in it every now and again, my windows never fogged up

No, I'd buy a proceed instead of either.

My opinion is there are certain things I want in a car. Spend a very long time in it so why not get things that make life easier.

I also said in my last post that manual air con is fine in a golf.

I know, I jest.

But you and I both know there are people who would buy a car for the badge even if it came with wooden bench seats and an asthmatic person blowing in your face as climate control.

My Integra had A/C, I never used it at all. If it was warm I opened a window and as for the car steaming up in the rain I put a dehumidifier in it every now and again, my windows never fogged up

I'm the same, the van I have now has A/C, I turned it on to see did it work when I was buying it...hasn't been on since.

• Advertisement

I know, I jest.

But you and I both know there are people who would buy a car for the badge even if it came with wooden bench seats and an asthmatic person blowing in your face as climate control.

Oh I know. The job I had trying to convince herself not to buy a 116i. The only extra it had funnily enough was front fogs...blinded by the badge.

I always have my air con on. Like the car icy cold:)

Ordered facelift rear lights for my car and they arrived today. Look much nicer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,702 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Most people (including my boss) haven't a clue how to operate climate control anyway. I'll set the climate to a lovely 21 degrees all round (at the moment - 19 in summer) and the vast majority of driver's will turn the fan speed down as soon as they get in.

Eejits, the lot of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Bora passed NCT :)

Got itchy feet with it already...

I've got 4 in the octy plus a fridge:D

You should have 2 actually
    I always have my air con on. Like the car icy cold:)

Same as.
    Turn the dial to the Blue dot and on with the fan..Heaven ! :D

You should have 2 actually

Same as.
    Turn the dial to the Blue dot and on with the fan..Heaven ! :D

Yeah, but only the jumbo box works properly!

Gave the Bora another scrub.

nearSide1.jpg

engineBay2.jpg

Might stick her up for sale tomorrow. Doing the inside tomorrow along with some Last Touch on the paintwork and engine bay.

Was a btard to get anything dry this late afternoon.

Also took the 8er out for its quarterly flooring.

steaming1.jpg

That's when warm after the run ! Started to get chilly when I took the pic.

When it starts cold its like a fog has set in.

Dropped my car in for a recall today. I had asked one of the mechanics for a bit of info when I was buying a new sat nav unit for the car before Christmas. There was one little thing had to be coded on the maxidot display that I was putting off until the next service. As he handed back the keys he told me he'd coded the new unit in for me. Cheers Johnny!

First I noticed the compass.
    20120113_165306.jpg

Then in the menu.
    20120113_165242.jpg

And now I get navigation instructions on the display which is easier to see when driving.
    20120113_165342.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Passed the NCT yesterday evening!

Dropped my car in for a recall today. I had asked one of the mechanics for a bit of info when I was buying a new sat nav unit for the car before Christmas. There was one little thing had to be coded on the maxidot display that I was putting off until the next service. As he handed back the keys he told me he'd coded the new unit in for me. Cheers Johnny!

Johnny is the man

Van: Cleaned it

Fiesta: Cleaned it

Alfa: Cleaned it, then cleaned it again :D

Not just the car but the jams and windows too :)

Image1765.jpg

Image1766.jpg

Image1767.jpg

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,605 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Gave the car a clean and put back on the original skirt stripes which were removed before restoration.

imageznz.jpg

I also replaced the rocker cover and fuel lines (silver tube under the Carb at the top).

imageyyzm.jpg

Next on the list is reattach the amp for the rear speakers (over in the DIY section if anyone wants to point me in the right direction)

Thanks

Purchase made! OEM 18" RS alloys.

18focusrs.jpg

Just need to wait for delivery now...

Best colour;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

^^^^very nice

Thanks. I was in between on it, but you were right and I went with the standard silver in the end.

Just need to try and get reasonable tyres now... Ummmmm...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Put in two white park bulbs, they're exactly the same colour as the Hids so i'm delighted.

Beats having none lol.

Since my last post...

Fiesta:
    New heatshield
    Bumper refixored to the body
    Cleaned up the inside

Van:
    Cleaned up the strut bolts (was going to swap to the "new" shocks but meh)
    Dried up the interior AGAIN :mad:

I also helped out on replacing stem seals on a Fiat head :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

dar83 wrote: »
    Purchase made! OEM 18" RS alloys.

18focusrs.jpg

Just need to wait for delivery now...

Oooh very nice indeed (expensive?)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement