Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The "Today I did something to my car" thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I'd say they are over the €1k mark easy, but well worth it they look the business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

They were bought from Ford?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

You'd actually be surprised at the price I paid for them (in a good way). The original RS alloys are 19", so they're not the actual ones that come on an RS and thankfully not that price either.
    Bought from a Ford dealership group in the UK, just had to organise the shipping with them as they don't ship them here by default. Talked to the guy on the phone and asked a few questions and he gave me a very good deal.

I just priced them here in Lillis O'Donnell though as I have the FINIS... €303+VAT a corner. :-/

... is it a secret what you paid for them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Not particularly. Should work out about €500, as long as the Euro doesn't collapse further between now and Monday... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

Hmm.. I'm considering getting one at some stage in the future and adding in a Unika to have essentially factory voice control with the added benefits of the parrot. Not sure if I prefer the 9200, 9100 or 9000 (no screen)

definitely go for the 9200. I put one in my focus there just after xmas. The bigger screen is great for seeing lists, say songs or contacts, you can see whats coming a few down the list rather than a small screen and only seeing one or two.

My issue was getting the yolk to stick to the focus. Nothing, and I mean nothing would stick to the dash.
    Ended up using JBWeld to stick it to a switch blank below the heater controls, and velcrowed the control to the door near the window buttons. Really easy to access and the OH can control when on long drives, no need to worry about re-cliping it in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Today I sold my MGF

I'm left with an full black leather interior if anyone is interested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

johnos1984 wrote: »
    Today I sold my MGF

Have you tried MG/Rover forums?

Have you tried MG/Rover forums?
    Yep have it up there just now in the Irish section............using one of my secret accounts.

They don't like me much over there or an aronline..........I've been banned a number of times

Today I sold my MGF

Any pics of the front seats? The auld lad is looking for a set to sit into the GT6 and his birthday be soon.

• Advertisement

Yep have it up there just now in the Irish section............using one of my secret accounts.

They don't like me much over there or an aronline..........I've been banned a number of times

For being Irish?? :p

Any pics of the front seats? The auld lad is looking for a set to sit into the GT6 and his birthday be soon.

We can argue over the price

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2860221

They are unmarked btw..........I don't think the passenger seat has ever even been used

Actually the alloys I have might also fit a GT6......MG Minilites with very good thread

For being Irish?? :p
    I KNOW TOO MUCH..........about how to wind them up :D

We can argue over the price

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2860221

They are unmarked btw..........I don't think the passenger seat has ever even been used

Actually the alloys I have might also fit a GT6......MG Minilites with very good thread

Might be a tad too bulky for it... It's fairly low seating...

Might be a tad too bulky for it... It's fairly low seating...

They probably look bulkier than they car.

Do you want me to measure them and PM you later?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

I think we should get a few lads from here to go down and fix that MG, shame to see it go.

Gary ITR wrote: »
    I think we should get a few lads from here to go down and fix that MG, shame to see it go.
    Not much point offering now when it's gone lol

Serious amounts of compression is the coolant system

I reckon the engine was fooked tbh. Probably a bodge done before I bought it I reckon that just gave when it was parked up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Cleaned the windows of my Alfa again :)

Fiesta got another cleaning, its test is later today... :eek:

Van is getting fitted with "new" shocks later today :)

Must do something with some of the other cars too... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Might have been the liners, .org has loads of threads with details. Looks like I may have a crack in one of mine, might be doing my first engine replacement this summer! :D

This week I:
    Changed gearbox oil, did an oil change, replaced hydramount, replaced gearbox mount and got the excellent Nissan Doctor to try figure out where I was losing coolant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Not much point offering now when it's gone lol

Serious amounts of compression is the coolant system

I reckon the engine was fooked tbh. Probably a bodge done before I bought it I reckon that just gave when it was parked up

Oh sh1te didn't realise it was gone :(

I would have got involved anyway. I did the headgasket on my aul lads E200 for €110 all in, that was skim, new head bolts, new gasket kit. So without labour it's a cheap job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

Spent 7 hours yesterday cleaning and polishing my ute to a very good standard and spent all today getting it valued at dealers as a trade in and taking different cars and 4x4s for test drives. Great day for me, not so much for my missus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,616 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Washed the vRS today. OH..and guess what..?? I dipped it for oil LOL, it was perfect..None needed :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Stuck a new steering wheel (same one, only the leather isn't torn) on the Alfa - really improves the look of the interior and makes it more comfortable to drive. Even got it on right! A bastard to undo the boss nut though - took two people and a fair amount of force!

New silver centre console and black/red dials are next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

You could take the place centre console surround off and get it wrapped in silver quite cheaply.

They probably look bulkier than they car.

Do you want me to measure them and PM you later?

Will you please?

From the ground to the top of the base really. Could possibly drive out and see if one of them fits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Did the interior of the Bora today. The Megs APC is the shniz.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,605 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Cleaned the SUBcarb and refilled the dash pot! Putting it away for a while tomorrow until I know what's happening with the weather!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

EPM wrote: »
    You could take the place centre console surround off and get it wrapped in silver quite cheaply.

Good idea, but I'm getting a silver console and a oil filter for €10 from the guy who sold me the car, so it's a reasonable bargain.

Does anyone have a 156 with the black & red dials? If so, are the easy to see during the day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

Today I said goodbye to my car and said hello to a new one!

EPM wrote: »

Where would you get this done? I would like to get my console wrapped in silver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

damo86 wrote: »

What ya buy?

Image1776.jpg
    Image1777.jpg

Happy chappy :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Took it out on track, and it was good :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Still in one piece so that's good!

Yep still in one piece, weren't many out anyway. At one stage I think I did 3/4 laps without seeing another car around. Glad I went out anyway, second of many I hope!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

damo86 wrote: »

What ya buy?

2010 mk6 golf gti! :) ill throw some pics up in the other thread tomorrow

My H&R springs are on their way from Germany :D

Hello 40mm drop!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

My H&R springs are on their way from Germany :D

Hello 40mm drop!

Mine came with coilovers when I bought it and I've never gone near adjusting them.I wonder how low could she go. :p

Mine came with coilovers when I bought it and I've never gone near adjusting them.I wonder how low could she go. :p

Good lord, you could go as low as the felt brigade!

Sadly, I won't have the car lowered for the meet :(

Good lord, you could go as low as the felt brigade!

I struggle over speedbumps as it is :D

Ended up stripping out the boot after work, took out that bloody cd changer aswell.All I gotta do now is find out where the bloody water is coming in!

• Advertisement

Ended up stripping out the boot after work, took out that bloody cd changer aswell.All I gotta do now is find out where the bloody water is coming in!

Make sure the gaskets on the rear light clusters aren't perished. I had this problem on the RX8.

Make sure the gaskets on the rear light clusters aren't perished. I had this problem on the RX8.

Will try and have a look tomorrow and check out the s2000 forums perhaps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

A big clean of the car this weekend, no wax yet but a wash and hoover for the first time in god knows how long!

I noticed my exhaust was abit grubby since i got the car. I read somewhere that using some coke and tinfoil cleans it as good as any off the shelf product..I was pleasantly surprised the results of 10 minutes work :cool::

Before:

img0244large.jpg

img0242large.jpg

img0243large.jpg

img0245large.jpg

After:

img0246large.jpg

img0247large.jpg

img0248large.jpg

I use petrol and metal polish, normally does the job too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

I crawled out of my sickbed to prep the CRX for its NCT. Checked the oil - fine. Filled the washer bottle. Stuck a bit of air in the tyres. Considered washing it. Thought better of it. Went back to bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭sk8board

finally got around (6 years on) to buying some AutoSol and wire-wool and removing the mountain of carbon from the exhaust of the Gti:

before:
    before.jpg

After (it was getting dark):
    after.jpg

turned out great, I don't know why I didn't do it ages ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

I was hearing this rattle in the back for a couple of months. Turns out it was the box of new front wipers I'd forgotten about after buying them at the last service.

So today I fixed a rattle and put new wiper blades on:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Today I removed an xcarlink adaptor that isn't working. And yesterday I ordered a new headunit :D

Image1780.jpg
    Image1785.jpg
    Image1788.jpg

Decent second hand shocks? I'm not going to argue with that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Today I've been playing with some SMD LED's in & around the motor. :D

Hoping in time to replace as many of the original bulbs as I can. The whole thing was inspired by the fact that there's no way to turn off the flood lights in the doors, so at least with LED's in their place theirs less chance of them running down the battery. :o Today was about trying the 2 different types of white - bright & warm. Herself isn't a fan of the bright white and the sharper bluish light that it gives off, so all the interior lights will have to be warm white.

Bright white over the rear reg plate
    188834.jpg

Guess which is the LED and which is the regular bulb? (you might be surprised)
    188836.jpg

Rear indicators
    188835.jpg

Thankfully found places for some of the bright whites, but have a spare pair of 28mm 6 LED festoon bulbs left over if anyone wants them (the 41mm festoon bulbs fit the front of the caravan :pac: )? This is them ...

!B5njS1g!Wk~$(KGrHqR,!iQEyeOmiTbBBMuZ5TtzWQ~~_12.JPG

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement