Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The "Today I did something to my car" thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fiona

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Driveshaft isn't being lubricated but should be ok for that distance.

Somebody shoot me.

I better buy an industrial size tube of KY jelly on me way home so. I have to laugh about this or else I will cry :(:D:(:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

mrs crilly wrote: »
    Somebody shoot me.

I better buy an industrial size tube of KY jelly on me way home so. I have to laugh about this or else I will cry :(:D:(:D

Don't sweat it - should be fine.

Hopefully the fault is just minor too! ;)

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Don't sweat it - should be fine.

Hopefully the fault is just minor too! ;)

Thanks lads I really appreciate this!

Do ya think I should ring the AA and note this with them though just incase they did do any damage.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Do ya think I should ring the AA and note this with them though just incase they did do any damage.....

I'm only repeating stuff I've read online in the past TBH. Give ND a ring when the car lands and ask his advice. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I would if I were you. It gives you ground to stand on with regard to any comeback they may have if you have a problem in future.

Also lets them know that you (boards.ie :P) know your stuff and aren't to be messed with!

• Advertisement

I just rang them there now and I asked for it to be noted on the job sheet.

They also gave me the name of a person to contact if I want to take it further if something is wrong with the car as a result of that.

I will mention it to ND when he calls about the car.

Is anything ever easy or straightforward????

Is anything ever easy or straightforward????

If it's got tits or tyres, it's going to give trouble :p

If it's got tits or tyres, it's going to give trouble :p

Nah mate it's testicles or tyres :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

I better buy an industrial size tube of KY jelly on me way home so.

Way too easy. :p

Oi Nissan Doctor stop thanking posts your meant to be BUSY :P:P:P:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Oi Nissan Doctor stop thanking posts your meant to be BUSY :P:P:P:P

:o

Your giggling pin is broken, I'll put some KY jelly on it and it'll drive grand:eek::P

:o

Your giggling pin is broken, I'll put some KY jelly on it and it'll drive grand:eek::P

I am afraid to ask what that is after my google search :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

well i didnt think it would happen today, but it did! we got the astra lowered and spark plugs changed in 3 hours, it wouldve been 2 if we had all the right tools so we had to improvise. its a much easier job than i ever would have thought, even coilovers would have been easier!
    i would be 100% confident of doing it myself now which i never would have got if i had just handed it in somewhere to be done

before:
    29o3d41.jpg

after:
    she still has to settle in, at the front especially

2n7gums.jpg

xnay5g.jpg

the old spark plugs were in sh!it, havent been changed in years. the new ones, dare i say, seem to have fixed my hesitation in acceleration that i was experiencing.
    the car revs much better and pulls much better and i fecked the car around the roundabout by my house and i had a :D all the way round, handled fantastically i would recommend it to MM and CM to get theirs fitted asap!

on a separate note, i took a quick spin in my buddies e36 320i and i loved it, interior is really nice, didnt think their centre console was so nice.

Great job Steve, the car looks brilliant! Now all you have to do is hold on to it ;)

Trust me, I'll fit mine as soon as I get them. According to the guys in DC Peformance, they are on the way but I'm getting very impatient :mad:

By the way, nice house ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

Nice and subtle, looks very well.

Crankshaft sensor! Now excuse me i need to go and punch the head off somebody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Once again, I went mudding.... ;)

Who needs a muddy track when the roads are filthyyyy :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Replaced the new LED indicator bulb with the standard to sort out the irratic flashing - stupid sensitive electrics. :rolleyes:

Topped up the fuel. Was reading bang on 3/4 of a tank but still took €40 to fill. :(

Neither of the above particularly interesting, but was I was chuffed with was the 31.69MPG that she's averaged over the last week - best result between fills since I started logging all the fuel fills & consumption back in September :cool: Not bad for an unrefined 3.2 dragging around a 2 tonne vehicle with the aerodynamics of a brick :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

well i didnt think it would happen today, but it did! we got the astra lowered and spark plugs changed in 3 hours, it wouldve been 2 if we had all the right tools so we had to improvise. its a much easier job than i ever would have thought, even coilovers would have been easier!
    i would be 100% confident of doing it myself now which i never would have got if i had just handed it in somewhere to be done

before:

after:
    she still has to settle in, at the front especially

the old spark plugs were in sh!it, havent been changed in years. the new ones, dare i say, seem to have fixed my hesitation in acceleration that i was experiencing.
    the car revs much better and pulls much better and i fecked the car around the roundabout by my house and i had a :D all the way round, handled fantastically i would recommend it to MM and CM to get theirs fitted asap!

on a separate note, i took a quick spin in my buddies e36 320i and i loved it, interior is really nice, didnt think their centre console was so nice.

Looks class man.

Im debating an xp or irmscher lip kit for it now:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Gave it a quick detail

37ef364f.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Gave it a quick detail

:eek: That looks like it took hours!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Way too easy. :p

It'd want to be easy with that much lube! :pac:

Gave it a quick detail

Simply gorgeous. Hard to beat black polished and it really suits the 6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,590 ✭✭✭✭vectra

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Crankshaft sensor! Now excuse me i need to go and punch the head off somebody.

Should I hide:P

Should I hide:P

Haha no mate i didnt mean you! I am a really nice person honestly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Gave it a quick detail

Any more pics of the wheels? Are they the concave ish set off the newer one or the ones that came standard on most 630is'?

@ Limerick Man, just going back to when you dyed the roof lining of your car, what did you use and did it turn out ok? I've a car I want to dye the roof lining black in the next few weeks.

Thanks! :)

• Advertisement

@ Limerick Man, just going back to when you dyed the roof lining of your car, what did you use and did it turn out ok? I've a car I want to dye the roof lining black in the next few weeks.

Thanks! :)

i sprayed mine, with a satin paint from B and Q. Took about four cans to do it and all the pillars. i bloody love it. Out in the sun it looked a bit patchy but in the car it looks perfect.

421960_10151214086330176_805400175_22925468_1208460913_n.jpg

408049_10151214130025176_805400175_22925523_240738834_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Limerickman, I think you misread the question about the roof liner!
    Surely spraypaint isn't what you used for the roof liner? I know you did the external roof with spray can but... ?

Edit, oh I see the pic of the roof liner now. I thought the spray paint would go all hard and knobbly on a roofliner.

langdang wrote: »
    Limerickman, I think you misread the question about the roof liner!
    Surely spraypaint isn't what you used for the roof liner? I know you did the external roof with spray can but... ?

Edit, oh I see the pic of the roof liner now. I thought the spray paint would go all hard and knobbly on a roofliner.

Nope, i used spray paint :)

Not normally gloss black, but it was a satin. Came out perfect.

• Advertisement

Whats the best acid wheel cleaner, tar on paint remover and polish guys? And applicator pad for wax and something to use for wet wax mash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Any more pics of the wheels? Are they the concave ish set off the newer one or the ones that came standard on most 630is'?

Hi these are BMW Style 218 wheels, there is an 18' set that are similar Style 118 that are not as concave.

Here's two more shots of it:

4eba021f-1.jpg

3194debc.jpg

Style 218 & 118:

118 (18'):
    0409d5a1.jpg

218 (19'):
    83c8515e.jpg

Yes yes, that's exactly what i thought.

Genuinely, they're one of my favorite set of wheels, absolutely gorgeous.

Nope, i used spray paint :)

Not normally gloss black, but it was a satin. Came out perfect.
    Pretty cool. Did you have to use a soft brush on it or anything before you put it back in?

langdang wrote: »
    Pretty cool. Did you have to use a soft brush on it or anything before you put it back in?

Probably could have too be honest. The side pillars took to it that bit better as the cloth isn't as thick/soft. At the same time the roof came out very well. Small, and i mean small bit rough to touch but it doesn't flake or come off when you touch it.

i painted it over the course of two weeks and did it outside.

Can get the black sunvisors, handles etc. out of a VRS but i've grown fond of the contrast.

• Advertisement

Can get the black sunvisors, handles etc. out of a VRS but i've grown fond of the contrast.
    Ya, I think it works!

Whats the best acid wheel cleaner, tar on paint remover and polish guys? And applicator pad for wax and something to use for wet wax mash

Turtle Wax Wheel Clean

Holts Tar Remover

Meguiars Deep Crystal Polish

Meguiars Foam Applicator Pad

For Wet Wax I use Aldi microfiber cloths.

On another note, I got a spring in my step when I came back from lunch :pac:

photo1kzz.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

I'm not mad about that interior MM.. its a bit too Jaguar or something.....

:p

Turtle Wax Wheel Clean

Holts Tar Remover

Meguiars Deep Crystal Polish

Meguiars Foam Applicator Pad

For Wet Wax I use Aldi microfiber cloths.

photo1kzz.jpg

Thank you:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

My bodykit has arrived from the UK...goddamn I wish I could have it painted and on the car right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Fixed the leak in my boot .
    Cleaned and treated the leather seats.
    Fixed the retrofit rear demister for the hardtop.(It was just plugged out) First time I've seen the light come on for it since I bought the car :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

Washed the car - dryed, applied layer of wax to the roof...starts to phish.

phishing stops, dried the car again and waxed and polished the rest of the car....starts to phish.

phew..just in time!

Also sold my old pioneer f3210bt on dung deal, nice bit of cash for the weekend! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,590 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Almost finished paint correction on the Toledo and gave it a coat of Bodywrap.
    Looking well now.

Bumpers etc left to do now.

Bought some nice light blue caliper paint, gonna attack em soon :D

The thought came into my head of respraying the back boot strip to arden blue?
    Dunno yet, i want to do something to it. Ive a full can of opel black saphire that i might use.

Got more meguiars ultimate wash and wax and Also got half a litre of redex injector shtuff, gonna pour it in and see if it fixes my acceleration issue like last time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Bought it.

purchaseDay.jpg

Like it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement