Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The "Today I did something to my car" thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

^^^Nice, enjoy:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

You legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Anyone want to buy a f'king Bora ? :D

(add in BUY)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

E39MSport wrote: »
    Anyone want to buy a f'king Bora ? :D

Nope but I'd like your E39 :) (Love the colour)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,590 ✭✭✭✭vectra

A bit of "Spit & Polish" and she'll be grand. :pac:

Lovely car bud.
    Envious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Today I did nothing to my car as the git in Lithuania that I bought a ski bag hatch and Individual lights for €220 has dissappeared off eBay, along with my cash by the looks of things. :mad:

Dispute open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    You will get it back no problem.

Ya especially if he paid with Paypal..

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    You will get it back no problem.

Ah I know, eBay veteran, just really wanted the blasted stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

vectra wrote: »
    A bit of "Spit & Polish" and she'll be grand. :pac:

Lovely car bud.
    Envious

That's a really tidy car, can be viewed in a very clean state elsewhere. I'd imagine the photo posted was literally after the spin home from collecting it. Well wear e39MSPORT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Bought it.

Like it.

Ahem

More please :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,590 ✭✭✭✭vectra

That's a really tidy car, can be viewed in a very clean state elsewhere. I'd imagine the photo posted was literally after the spin home from collecting it. Well wear e39MSPORT.

I hope that you raw the *Envious* part of my post and took the first words as a jest :o

Ahem

More please :D

Fuk that. I went driving it rather than taking pics :D

Yeah, the pic was after a rather spirited drive along our splendidly cratered North Kildare back roads. They soon shake the niggles out of most cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

fitted a set of winter tyres that i got at a very good price..
    need two wheels straightened as there is a nice bit of a wobble in them. also need to look at bushings/ball joints/track rod ends as the fronts are wearing uneven. tracking may also be out due to the ammount of potholes that cant be avoided around here.. car is just at 100k miles and still on original bushings so cant complain!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Fiesta: cleaned the underneath. Gearbox mounting bolt fell out, had to stagger home... Found it later! Lots of thread lock in daylight, if I can

Alfa: relocated it. Going to whip the backbox off and make my own one up (wrong back box anyway :rolleyes:)

Bravo: tank in, back on all 4s, bled the brakes. Refitted my bumpers and exhaust. Fitted a foglight surround with a feed pipe. Moar pictures later...

As I slammed the sliding door on the daily van shut on my index finger I'll be doing sweet feck all for a while. I thought I'd chopped it off. Not nice :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

Traded in my ute yesterday and bought a Landcrusier. Best part is it has a 120ltr LPG tank added so I can just run it on that for the most part - Lpg is .63 cent a litre here at the moment. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 fitz265

it must be a big car if thats roof lining

What cruiser? tell me its an 80 or 100 ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

sean1141 wrote: »
    fitted a set of winter tyres that i got at a very good price..
    need two wheels straightened as there is a nice bit of a wobble in them. also need to look at bushings/ball joints/track rod ends as the fronts are wearing uneven. tracking may also be out due to the ammount of potholes that cant be avoided around here.. car is just at 100k miles and still on original bushings so cant complain!!

Just put some powerflex bushings on my Cupra. The old ones weren't worn too badly but they make a massive difference. Would recommend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

@E39Msport

Seeing pictures of your lovely new wheels made me think immediately of this video. Skip to about 38 seconds and watch

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

166man wrote: »

i wouldnt test car with "check engine" on... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Mar4ix wrote: »
    i wouldnt test car with "check engine" on... :rolleyes:

Not too interested in that part more just the noise at roughly 42 seconds an wow does it sound good. As for the management light, I mean all the taxi drivers have their management lights on so it must be ok*:pac:

*That was a joke, no offence intended at taxi drivers!:D

......... Also got half a litre of redex injector shtuff, gonna pour it in and see if it fixes my acceleration issue like last time!

I doubt it will unfortunately :(
    Did you swap over the coil?

It does sound very nice indeed.

Must say though, I am now looking forward to getting some proper ausfahrt on the V12 ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

This is mudding :eek:
    Image1843.jpg

After cleaning the car and just one trip... :mad::mad::mad:

A guard got mysteriously torn off my Bravo one day :confused:

Replaced it anyway
    Image1839.jpg

Fitted my dummy surround and ducting too :)
    Image1841.jpg

Image1842.jpg

Sounds louder...

Can't do jack shít for a while now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

fitz265 wrote: »
    it must be a big car if thats roof lining

Golf estate :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

RoverJames wrote: »
    I doubt it will unfortunately :(
    Did you swap over the coil?

Doubt it will either but **** it :)
    Not yet but i will, especially seeing as i know how easy it is now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Cleaned the inside and new drivers mat in preparation :)

20120128_153743.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Done the oil & filter change today :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

EPM wrote: »
    Cleaned the inside and new drivers mat in preparation :)

Fair play, looks in fantastic nick. Didn't get round to having a look at it at the meet last week unfortunately. Too busy talking sh1te. :)

Out of interest, where did you source the mats? Looking at a nice set at the min for the GTI, but they are a bit pricey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Fizman wrote: »
    Fair play, looks in fantastic nick. Didn't get round to having a look at it at the meet last week unfortunately. Too busy talking sh1te. :)

Out of interest, where did you source the mats? Looking at a nice set at the min for the GTI, but they are a bit pricey.

The mats are standard with the car. My drivers one was showing its age so got another one. You can order vrs drivers mats separately thankfully. They should fit a Golf no problem at all. Think the replacement was about €22 and a full set was about €60 but they have anchor points which is a bit plus. Mats without anchor points should be outlawed imo.

You could try sere motors for some, they do vag stuff. Dave is a sound guy and gives a discount off the already cheaper UK prices. Just join seatcupra.net and you'll get additional discount.

• Advertisement

After weeks making life difficult for myself doing the hard items first, I discovered that the glower fuse was blown on the Esty. Starts on the button now. Tool ....

Also, hadn't got the balls to put my foot all the way to the floor in the M5 in sport mode. It's unreal !!

It has 4 different tyres on it and it quite twitchy on uneven surfaces / road markings etc. Bit scary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

It has 4 different tyres on it and it quite twitchy on uneven surfaces / road markings etc. Bit scary.

LOL how did you manage that :D

Today I got 38.9MPG in the E38 from Dundalk to the Redcow and back, not bad!

LOL how did you manage that :D

Thats how it was when I got it (yesterday).

McCanns don't have PS2's or 3's in stock.

Might go the camskill route... Crazy, 10% of the cost of the car again will go in rubber.

Booked the MPS in with my mechanic for Wednesday to get the H&Rs installed. Can't wait :D

:eek:

I'm doing Cork City to almost the Red Cow on Monday, I'm expecting 30 on the nose :)

How is yours so poor? I cheated a bit, stuck to 105kph all the way.

RJ drives like a man :p

I was in no rush, had new CDs, stuck the cruise on and sang all the way down. :P

• Advertisement

I was in no rush, had new CDs, stuck the cruise on and sang all the way down. :P

That's not helping your case Mr. Bieber!! :p

How is yours so poor? I cheated a bit, stuck to 105kph all the way.

Dunno, POS I suppose. I'll be trying to stick to the limit for the trip, I'll report back :)

You know full well only MPG in the high 80's is only going to impress the masses these days ;)

Thats how it was when I got it (yesterday).

McCanns don't have PS2's or 3's in stock.

Might go the camskill route... Crazy, 10% of the cost of the car again will go in rubber.

fair enough - can't recommend camskill highly enough - I ordered at 11am they arrived at 6pm the next day :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Well after I filled my tank at Maxol the other day, I've managed to get 130km out of a quarter of a tank! :O

First time that's happened.ight actually get 500km out of a tank this time, without a long motorway cheat. Watch this space...

Yes! Now that is what i like to hear :D

Ugh, i need to just go and buy one.

When the Golf is painted i could convert it into a van, and then buy a Bimmer. That could make brilliant sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

I had to break into the car for the second day on the trot!

First time; my housemate locked the keys into the boot, so me and a friend bent the drivers door back and gained entry, no problemo.

Second time; fitted new door speakers and made a hames of putting the door handle mechanism back together on the drivers side. locked myself out with the car running.

The boot was open, (e10 corolla saloon,rear seats dont fold) it was raining so anger got the better of me, I kicked my way through the back seat and opened the rear door.

Eventful, Idiotic episode of my life... :(

Yes! Now that is what i like to hear :D

Ugh, i need to just go and buy one.

When the Golf is painted i could convert it into a van, and then buy a Bimmer. That could make brilliant sense.

Make me an offer! :pac:

Make me an offer! :pac:

i wouldn't insult you!

i'm waiting for one to come up cheap, i was buying a 99 for 650 that needed two doors replaced but i missed out. Couldn't justify spending more than 2k on something that i would rarely use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Ya musta been driving like a granny in a Micra to achieve that! :eek:

Drove to Galway and back from Dublin the weekend and made 28.25mpg. Not bad considering I had the cruise at 80mph for the majority of the journey.

EDIT: Just saw the 105kmph post - you were driving like a granny! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭barura

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Ya musta been driving like a granny in a Micra to achieve that! :eek:

Drove to Galway and back from Dublin the weekend and made 28.25mpg. Not bad considering I had the cruise at 80mph for the majority of the journey.

EDIT: Just saw the 105kmph post - you were driving like a granny! :p
    Hey me too! Got about 45mpg in me polo though. :D 300 miles to get a drumkit!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement