Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The "Today I did something to my car" thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Nice Accord! Looks like someone I knows Euro R but I see the reg so a 2 litre?

Euro R's are a 2.0!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Euro R's are a 2.0!

Yes but that's a 2006 car and I haven't seen many diesels in that spec.

Yes but that's a 2006 car and I haven't seen many diesels in that spec.

Afaik they finished making them in 03.

Nevermind, they made them on further.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3021963

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

It looks low like the euro r. At least there isn't a stupid spoiler on the back:)
    thats probably because it is lowered.. the euro r bootlip spilers look class

• Advertisement

Afaik they finished making them in 03.

The 06 must be rare. Nice car all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

shblob wrote: »
    thats probably because it is lowered.. the euro r bootlip spilers look class

Correct it is lowered, the Honda alloys on it never looked right could fit my fist in between the arch and the tyre so got it lowered also majority of euro r on Irish roads are lowered.

Its a Type S do like the bootlip spoiler but wouldnt put one on mine not trying to imitate a Euro R like her as she is.

I agree, I wouldn't put one on either if its not a euro r, still nice car :)

Is it fast?

I agree, I wouldn't put one on either if its not a euro r, still nice car :)

Is it fast?

Ah it wouldnt be the fastest now to be honest its 155bhp has a bit of poke but nothing really amazing. Wouldnt mind something a bit quicker ideally the Euro R engine in my car shame Honda when doing Type R Euro R tend to strip out a lot of the interior. Apart from the last Type R Civic as far as im aware anyway.

Love the way when Mazda done the Mazda 6 Mps they also fully loaded the interior.

Have a look at this fanboy:
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3087588

even says its a euro r special edition?

• Advertisement

Steering wheels aren't cheap to redo. A local saddlery charges through the nose. Looks like a tidy car but the seller is living in a bubble. Those LED lights are a horrible addition to any car.

I hate people who try to imitate a car they don't have. Its as bad as an RS4 TDI or 520d M5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Have a look at this fanboy:
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3087588

even says its a euro r special edition?

Doesn't look too bad actually, apart from the wheels.

Yeh it looks like he also got rid of the cruise control which is normally on the right hand side of the sterring wheel :confused:, its a bit of a mess of a yok really its a bad imitation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭JerCotter7

I hate people who try to imitate a car they don't have. Its as bad as an RS4 TDI or 520d M5

If it's factory kit I don't mind. As long as they don't badge it wrong. Or put the M5 side vents into a 520d.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

6d742953.jpg

New boots and alignment. The rear was getting a bit twitchy :D:D

JerCotter7 wrote: »
    If it's factory kit I don't mind. As long as they don't badge it wrong. Or put the M5 side vents into a 520d.
    I dont mind either. Once they don't put the badges on, then they just look stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Love the way when Mazda done the Mazda 6 Mps they also fully loaded the interior.

...and then it was up to customers to fully spec the interior which some didn't! I've got no heated seats or satnav.

Doesn't really bother me though as heated seats would only add extra weight nor do I bother much with satnav anyway but it would have been a nice little addition!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

my puntie failed nct over small crack on windscreen (nct is ridiculous ... small round crack on right bottom corner, doesnt affect my sight on road, even wiper doesnt clean that spot... grrr ) ,...... anyway rang to one of windscreen companies, they asked my insurers name and policy number, and promised be back in few minutes. Got call back in 5 minutes, they said insurer cover my windscreen, so they may proceed to change windscreen. Guy came over, changed windscreen within 40 min.
    Asked that guy, do my premiums goin to be sky high now ??? he said, no , it will be fine. , no increase on insurens premiums ... :rolleyes: ... I hope so , and fingers crossed, in April ill get my renewal dockets.

Now my punty looks way brighter and feel a bit bigger from inside. yeeeeee....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

If you have winscreen cover included with your policy, your premium won't go up.

• Advertisement

.......Doesn't really bother me though as heated seats would only add extra weight nor do I bother much with satnav anyway but it would have been a nice little addition!.....

The way I look at it the less a car has in gadgetry the less problems you'll have. Did you know the current 760Li has over 7km of wiring in it? Crazy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fiona

Mar4ix wrote: »
    my puntie failed nct over small crack on windscreen (nct is ridiculous ... small round crack on right bottom corner, doesnt affect my sight on road, even wiper doesnt clean that spot... grrr )

I thought they could seal up small cracks? I have a tiny stone chip right in the middle of my windscreen im hoping they can do that and it wont have to be replaced. If it was to be replaced can i request the exact one i have in the car at present? It has the bluey can kind of sun strip at top or do you just have to take what the insurance company give you?

mrs crilly wrote: »
    If it was to be replaced can i request the exact one i have in the car at present? It has the bluey can kind of sun strip at top or do you just have to take what the insurance company give you?

On both the Micra and Laguna that I've had windscreens put in they had sunscreens built into the glass day one. I always ring the windscreen company and not the insurance company and tell them I need a new windscreen and tell them exactly what I want. Always works for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,138 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I thought they could seal up small cracks? I have a tiny stone chip right in the middle of my windscreen im hoping they can do that and it wont have to be replaced. If it was to be replaced can i request the exact one i have in the car at present? It has the bluey can kind of sun strip at top or do you just have to take what the insurance company give you?

Ive found getting the crack repair is a waste of time. ive had it done a few times. New windscreen is the best option.

i doubt you would get an OEM windscreen though unless requested.

As an aside its the blueygreen strip OEM? if not then cant see them replacing like for like.

listermint wrote: »
    As an aside its the blueygreen strip OEM? if not then cant see them replacing like for like.

Dunno if its oem to be honest. The seller told me it was a new windscreen and thats all i know. I kinda just want the same as what i have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,138 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Dunno if its oem to be honest. The seller told me it was a new windscreen and thats all i know. I kinda just want the same as what i have.

Only way of finding out is to call around a few windscreen fitters i suppose.

Start with the ones recommended on your insurance policy brochure.

listermint wrote: »
    Only way of finding out is to call around a few windscreen fitters i suppose.

Start with the ones recommended on your insurance policy brochure.

I thought i was stuck to the ones the insurance company use :o I dont mind paying a bit to get what i want but if i can try get it for free than even better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

i had no sunstrip on it, and there was round circle on botom right corner, like tea cup size with some smaller circles inside, windscreen guy said, it have to be deffo changed.
    my insurer is allianz plc. i think i have 3rd party with some add ons, like fire, theft and windscreen cover..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Careful now Mrs Crilly when you ask Gavin from Autoglass to inject his special resin in your crack......;)

• Advertisement

The way I look at it the less a car has in gadgetry the less problems you'll have. Did you know the current 760Li has over 7km of wiring in it? Crazy!

7km of wiring?? Are you serious? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭JerCotter7

I can easily see why it would need a lot of wiring. I put 1/10th of a kilometre of wiring into my car in the 2 weeks. And another 10th this weekend. It doesn't help that instead of wiring straight the looms all meet in one place if you get what I mean. For my OBC instead of wiring straight to the cluster I took it down under the carpet around the back of the heater core and up to the cluster then. Need about 4 metres of wire for it instead of 50 cm. Although it is way better to do it right :)

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Careful now Mrs Crilly when you ask Gavin from Autoglass to inject his special resin in your crack......;)

Dont worry i will ensure he wears adequate protection before he does. Now back on topic please you filthy animals!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Sticking wipers and the gaffa tape insulation were annoying me so I changed my linkage and motor

Photobombing Alfa :pac:
    Image1904.jpg

Image1905.jpg

Image1909.jpg

Note the new rack has a different pcb...
    Image1912.jpg

I think this is the cause of the sticking wipers
    Image1913.jpg

New trim with seals
    Image1916.jpg

Needed a washer jet too
    Image1917.jpg

And steady mount
    Image1918.jpg
    Image1919.jpg

Finally, standard vs lowered (hahaha take that foglight/ anti HID/ obnoxious parking brigade :pac:)
    Image1920.jpg

It crossed over the 100k earlier today too... Been a long journey to get there. Let the miles roll on :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Regulators, mount up!

This arrived today, so all going well I'll have a working window by the weekend. Plenty of DIY guides for the E46 online, so I'm looking forward to giving it a bash.

195700.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭okane1

Got aux belt tensioner kit for the Mondeo ST TDCI. The spring in the tensior is a common fault on these engines, leading to a slight noise at idle (belt vibrating). Any load on the engine noise will stop.
    Second one in two years.

DSC_0599.jpg

• Advertisement

Yup....was watching a programme on it last year and during the demonstration of the car and been shown all the gadgets and gizmos the presenter said the result of all this stuff along with the weight of the stuff was that the wiring for everything came in at just over 7kms.

For the life of me I can't remember the programme and google won't help either!

How the hell do they fit it all into the car?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Ninja Gnomes :p

Washed my air filter last night and left it to dry overnight.Going to oil it up now and it'll be as good as new. Highly recommend the ITG air filters.

IMAG0103.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

The mirror glass on my Passat fell off without warning as I was driving a few weeks back, the plastic backing was left in place so it seems the adhesive just gave up.

Volkswagen wanted €60 for a replacement :eek:

With the help of google translate I got one from ebay.de for just under €20 delivered which popped on easily.

Picked up some refills for the similarly over-priced Bosch aero wiper blades at the same time, very easy to pop off the ends of the wipers and slide in the new blades.

invest4deepvalue.com

Its a very big car!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Still though, they surely mean it "would have been" 7km without CANBUS?
    Scary to think what the kms would be without CANBUS if the 7km is actual lenght with CANBUS!

Do-more wrote: »
    The mirror glass on my Passat fell off without warning as I was driving a few weeks back, the plastic backing was left in place so it seems the adhesive just gave up.

Volkswagen wanted €60 for a replacement :eek:

With the help of google translate I got one from ebay.de for just under €20 delivered which popped on easily.

Picked up some refills for the similarly over-priced Bosch aero wiper blades at the same time, very easy to pop off the ends of the wipers and slide in the new blades.

Halfords do the mirror glass for 13.99!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Johntegr

Ninja Gnomes :p

Washed my air filter last night and left it to dry overnight.Going to oil it up now and it'll be as good as new. Highly recommend the ITG air filters.

/jealous.

Cleaned my Alfa again :)

Then proceeded to make a short video of it running :)

What a crap phone for recording videos....!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Anyone recommend the best paint to spray plastic trim inside car,Centre console is silver but is faded and wearing off so needs painting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,615 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Anyone recommend the best paint to spray plastic trim inside car,Centre console is silver but is faded and wearing off so needs painting.

One of the lads used Plastic paint he got in Halfords

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Johntegr wrote: »
    /jealous.

Get one so!They're relatively cheap and pay for themselves imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Johntegr

Saving for the full Maxogen one with Airbox. Found one brand new in the UK so fingers crossed it'll be there in a couple weeks!

For the time being I have a standard airbox with Hondata mod and drop in cone filter.

Where did you get your one? I'm gawking on ebay, there's plenty on offer... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Not done anything with it yet, but picked up my first ever clay bar kit today to use up a Christmas voucher.

Can anyone tell me - do you use them for removal of tar spots too, or is it recommended to de-tar first?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement