Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creche Costs Cork

Options
  • 23-06-2011 12:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi All,

Newbie to Boards.ie but hoping to get some help...

We are moving to Cork in September and I was wondering if I could get some advice on Creche Costs in Cork and what to expect, I have 3 children - a 6 month old baby, a 2.5 yr old and a 7.5 year old. I would need full time care for my youngest two and afterschool for the eldest. Is food usually provided in creches or do we bring our own? Have been a stay at home mom up to now so think we are all in for a shock!

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭fi1979

Hi and welcome to boards!
    My little girl is with a child minder, but when I was returning to work in December, we enquired into creches for her. She would have been 7 months at the time. From memory it was about 800 per month for a full day, and you had to send in their food. I think it dropped as the child got older, as the ratio of carer to child drops.
    Your best bet though would to to enquire directly from the creches in the area you're moving to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Janey O

Thanks fi1979,

Really appreciate the reply, have emailed several creches in the area we are moving to (close to UCC) but am waiting for replies before phoning and hopefully calling in to them when we are down in Cork before the big move.

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭fi1979

Best of luck with the move, hope it all goes well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Redsiobh

Hi there, I'm new boards.ie too. My family are moving to cork in a few months and we too are trying to find recommendations on creches/montessoris. We ave a 3 year old and 20 month old. Janey O if you have any suggestions following your research I'd be very grateful. We're moving close to UCC too. Many thanks in advance!

Advertisement