Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CATIII / Pinku

• 23-06-2011 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭

Any fans of these Chinese and Japanese shockers?

On the CATIII side personal favourites would have to be Human Pork Chop, Red to Kill, The Untold Story, Ebola Syndrom (picked this up in Amsterdam - deadly film).

Not too familiar with Pinku myself but some of the ones I have seen include Assault!Jack the Ripper, Concrete Encased Highschoolgirl Murder Case, MUZAN E is one of the best I've seen.

Anyone any favs in these categories of foreign horror/exploitation?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Ive seen most of the ones you have mentioned above aswell as Tumbling Doll of Flesh,Shoguns Sadism,all the Guinea Pig movies,All Night Long Volumes 1 to 3,The Men Behind The Sun series,Dr Lamb,Red Room 1+2,Organ,Evil Dead Trap,Inferno of Torture,Entrails of a Virgin plus lots more I cant remember.

I was mad into them when I was younger but dont watch them all that much anymore.There are some gems out there in the genre with Organ being a particular highlight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

what a fantastic title " Concrete Encased Highschoolgirl Murder Case " with a title like that I feel I dont need to watch it now, it tells all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Its probably the literal Japanese to English translation of Schoolgirls in Cement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Its probably the literal Japanese to English translation of Schoolgirls in Cement.

Think they're both different films man. Pretty sure they are,

Ive seen most of the ones you have mentioned above aswell as Tumbling Doll of Flesh,Shoguns Sadism,all the Guinea Pig movies,All Night Long Volumes 1 to 3,The Men Behind The Sun series,Dr Lamb,Red Room 1+2,Organ,Evil Dead Trap,Inferno of Torture,Entrails of a Virgin plus lots more I cant remember.

I was mad into them when I was younger but dont watch them all that much anymore.There are some gems out there in the genre with Organ being a particular highlight.

Heard good things about Entrails of a Virgin but not seen, think I have it somewhere at home. I love Men Behind the Sun - evil films.

Have you seen Eat the Schoolgirl? Heard great things about that too.

• Advertisement

This is just from wikipedia (realise it isn't reliable) but it confirms what I suspected. I have heard of both different films at different stages over the years but only seen the first.

An exploitative film, Joshikōsei konkurīto-zume satsujin-jiken (女子高生コンクリート詰め殺人事件, Concrete-Encased High School Girl Murder Case?), was made about the incident by director Katsuya Matsumura in 1995. Yujin Kitagawa (later member of music duo Yuzu) played the role of principal culprit in the film.[6][7] Another film, Concrete (コンクリート?, AKA Schoolgirl in Cement), directed by Hiromu Nakamura, was made in 2004 and based on one of the books written about the incident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

so 2 different films so. Supprised Hollywood hasent converted these to tripe...
    sure its early days yet.

Advertisement