Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air Corp Cadetships 2011

Options
  • 23-06-2011 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

i got my email saying i got to the final interview this year for the air corps.
    anybody got any tips on the competencies and what they expect of you.
    bar the obvious suit, shave etc.
    have a bit of an idea from the preliminary one but is there a big difference or not,
    any tips will be appreciated.
    cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

First off, its the Air CORPS.

I know its a small detail, but if you intend working there, at least get the name right.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 DPMURPH1

I know its a small detail, but if you intend working there, at least get the name right.

Thanks goldie fish, that was an error on my part.
    So any tips on the actual interview, or do you just go around poking holes??

DPMURPH1 wrote: »

Yes.
    Be careful what you say on internet message boards, especially if your surname and initials make up your username.
    The interview board have the internet too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭newby.204

Without being too smart

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.military.ie%2Fair-corps%2Forganisation

And general knowledge of the aircraft themselves i would say

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Mr. Tezza

Did you print off a copy of the cadetships 2011 booklet off military.ie? theres info on that as to the general areas each interview is about

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭paky

gee, i say its a joy working with you. do u think he'll fail his interview over a glitch like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

paky wrote: »
    gee, i say its a joy working with you. do u think he'll fail his interview over a glitch like that?

In fairness you probably would.

Any job interview requires you have an understanding of what the company and job entails, the name would be pretty important to get right tbf.

I have won the "Most Popular Employee" 3 years in a row.
    He can take the advice, or he can apply to the air corp.
    If you were applying for a job at Intel, would you put Intal on the form and still expect to get an interview?

I have won the "Most Popular Employee" 3 years in a row.
    He can take the advice, or he can apply to the air corp.
    If you were applying for a job at Intel, would you put Intal on the form and still expect to get an interview?

lol most popular employee? where?

lol most popular employee? where?

Your Ma's bed.

• Advertisement

Your Ma's bed.

your full of sh.it mate. the only place you got employee of the month was in smiths toy store flying remote control helicopters

i got my email saying i got to the final interview this year for the air corps.
    anybody got any tips on the competencies and what they expect of you.
    bar the obvious suit, shave etc.
    have a bit of an idea from the preliminary one but is there a big difference or not,
    any tips will be appreciated.
    cheers

ya mate its the Air CORPS, dont forget it! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Irish_Army01

GF is correct. If you cannot get basic grammar and capital letters correct, how do you expect to pass an interview to firstly become an Officer in the Defence Forces and secondly become a pilot.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Irish_Army01

What YOU need to do is research the job spec., from the aircraft down to the rank structure and who is in charge. Being able to call the interview board by their rank is a big up,(Sir/Ma'm/Sergeant) especially if you have no military background.

I'm not going to post links because you'll learn more if you do the research yourself. No one here will be in the room with you.

I would have a knowledge on the political system too and big stories in the papers.

Sit up straight, placing your hands on your knees.

The rest is up to you.

[/QUOTE]The rest is up to you.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tips.
    Much appreciated.
    Tomorrow Morning and it will be all done.:o

:(:(
    Unsuccessful in final interview for air corps.
    First year applying i suppose, not bad to get to last 30.
    Hopefully army will come true, otherwise will go through it all again next year.:o

Advertisement