Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a house in D.24

• 23-06-2011 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi guys, Me and the girlfriend are looking to buy a house in firhouse and we were wondering if anybody knows if the area is good. we were looking at daletree or old court. preferably old court because you get more house for similar prices to daletree. what i need to know is:

is old court safe, for example does there be gangs hanging around, or robberies etc
    what is the transport like? My girlfriend works in the ifsc in town and she will need a bus to there so is there one around?
    Is it a quiet area?

We are getting different answers from people when we say old court so we really don't know what to go with.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

I don't live near Old Court, however I do know people from the area and have been there a lot. In the area itself it's unusual to see gangs around, but the Spar nearby sometimes has that problem.

Transport is acceptable. Not the most frequent but enough people use it so it must work. The bus she can get into town from Old Court is the 49, the nearest bus stop for which is about a 5 minute walk away.

Yes, it's a relatively quiet area. Definitely one of the nicer parts of the Tallaght/Firhouse area. Not much happens there, it's a nice area imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 MissFlower

I Agree with Ordinary_Girl. The Area of old court is a good area. nothing happens there at all really. Old court road had a few travelers living there but they have since moved on to the halting site in dale tree. My sister lives there and she loves the area. there is bus routes around within a 10 minute walk you just have to find them. Good luck with the house hunting :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Mister Money 212

I have lived in oldcourt for a few years now and i have never had a problem. its really quite area and the people there are really friendly. As the poster above said, Its VERY unusual to see gangs in oldcourt and in my honest opinion its one of the nicer estates in firhouse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Fi_J

envious86 wrote: »
    Hi guys, Me and the girlfriend are looking to buy a house in firhouse and we were wondering if anybody knows if the area is good. we were looking at daletree or old court. preferably old court because you get more house for similar prices to daletree. what i need to know is:

is old court safe, for example does there be gangs hanging around, or robberies etc
    what is the transport like? My girlfriend works in the ifsc in town and she will need a bus to there so is there one around?
    Is it a quiet area?

We are getting different answers from people when we say old court so we really don't know what to go with.

Thanks

Hi envious86

Thinking of buying myself in Firhouse but getting very mixed reviews! Did you make a decision yourself?

Thanks!

Advertisement