Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infracted on Dublin City thread

Options
  • 23-06-2011 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭

Hi there.

I was infracted on this thread for:
    Reason: Breach of Peace
    not allowed

I emailed the mod for clarification and again for an update to his thinking, both got no response.

The mod was Des.

I guess maybe he's busy but I was wondering if this could be checked because I think it was unfair to receive.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Sorry only seen this now.

I will drop Des a PM and get this side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Any problems we have on the Dublin City Forum, which are actually few and far between by the way, it's a very friendly place to post which is how we like it, but any problems we ever have are usually caused by comments like
    enda1 wrote: »
    The first person to mention it was on the Northside was the mugger himself. Its not about it being on the Northside, its about it being shit.

So I stand by the infraction, it could most certainly be termed "Breach of the Peace".

Northside/Southside tit-for-tat is not welcome on the Forum.

Having an opinion about an area is acceptable, expressing it in such a manner is not.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Hi Enda,

I am going to hold up the infraction,the mods on that forum are not very hard on most things and I feel they have a good grasp of what works for this particular area.Unfortunately you entered into the one zone they are strict on with that post.

Dub13

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

The "it" was about Mountjoy Sq. not the WHOLE northside! Perhaps that wasn't clear I guess. I wasn't trying to get into a Northside - Southside thing, which is what I said in the post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

As I've already said...
    Des wrote: »
    Having an opinion about an area is acceptable, expressing it in such a manner is not.

...what happens is that we then get someone who lives in Mountjoy Square taking exception to your comment, then we get back and forth and no-one comes out of it clean.

If you can't express an opinion without using such derogatory language, then the comment is not welcome on the forum, simple as.

• Advertisement
Advertisement