Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Drink Bargain Alerts!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

haha, no worries.

Bierhaus is up the road but their selection is pretty pants unless you like having a selection of 6 weissen and about 15 lagers and then the usual belgians...

When in salthouse, try the Galway Bay Amber, surprisingly yummy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    I was in Superquinn Ballinteer last Saturday and they were very understocked with many of the normal beers on offer missing. Unusual and hopefully a one-off.

Go to Superquinn Northside. We are always overstocked because people rarely buy any of it. We had to sell off Staropramen and some Porterhouse recently because it's not selling well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

KJ wrote: »
    Go to Superquinn Northside. We are always overstocked because people rarely buy any of it. We had to sell off Staropramen and some Porterhouse recently because it's not selling well.

Thanks but not really worth my while!

My local SQ is usually very well stocked and hopefully this was a once off. ;)

So you're saying northsiders don't have good taste? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Thanks but not really worth my while!

My local SQ is usually very well stocked and hopefully this was a once off. ;)

So you're saying northsiders don't have good taste? :p
    It would seem that way. Especially in Coolock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,551 ✭✭✭Heroditas

KJ wrote: »
    I was in Superquinn Ballinteer last Saturday and they were very understocked with many of the normal beers on offer missing. Unusual and hopefully a one-off.

Superquinn Lucan has their Porterhouse stock "reduced to clear". The were still dearer than O'Briens next door!
    In fact, the selection of beer in Superquinn Lucan has deteriorated recently. I reckon they're going to discontinue a lot of the craft stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Random_Person

My local Tesco had Goose Island IPA for 1.50 a bottle at the weekend. It's the cheapest I've seen it anywhere, it's usually ~3 euro in O'Briens so pretty decent deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

was in Tesco Naas today and they were selling 4 cans of Hobgoblin at €1.99. picked up 28 cans for less than €14 .

t

blueshed wrote: »
    was in Tesco Naas today and they were selling 4 cans of Hobgoblin at €1.99. picked up 28 cans for less than €14 .

t

That has to be a mistake!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Seaneh wrote: »
    That has to be a mistake!

It's happened before in a few Tescos, mentioned here I think, certain it is/was a mistake but it took them enough time to notice before as when I heard it the last time it was all sold out, everywhere, after a few days. Worth trying to pick them up uif you can, I imagine seeing crates of the stuff flying out the door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭redalan

CramCycle wrote: »
    It's happened before in a few Tescos, mentioned here I think, certain it is/was a mistake but it took them enough time to notice before as when I heard it the last time it was all sold out, everywhere, after a few days. Worth trying to pick them up uif you can, I imagine seeing crates of the stuff flying out the door.

This happened with London Pride during the summer but it was not a mistake, as far as I know. I believe that the London Pride cans were meant for the French market but were being sold here. I am still making my way through the three slabs of LP that I bought then and the info on the can is in French.

However, if anybody sights this Hobgoblin deal in other Tesco's. do not be shy in sharing

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

redalan wrote: »
    This happened with London Pride during the summer but it was not a mistake, as far as I know. I believe that the London Pride cans were meant for the French market but were being sold here. I am still making my way through the three slabs of LP that I bought then and the info on the can is in French.

However, if anybody sights this Hobgoblin deal in other Tesco's. do not be shy in sharing

A mistake in that it shouldn't have been on sale here for that price, I found 3 cans left in my local Tescos but they wouldn't sell me the 4 pack for 1.99 but they would sell me the three individual ones for 1.99 each, it was LP, just meant a similar style error.

+1 if anyone else spots it anywhere, please do tell if you don't buy them all :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

was back in Tesco Naas today and they had 4 cans of Marston's Pedigree for €1.99

got the last 12 cans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

I was looking at cans in tesco yesterday, they had 3 different ales in cans, the two either side were priced individually but the ones in the middle were priced as 4x500ml so you could only buy 4, maybe they mixed them up as the 4 pack was near €6 while the the single cans were €1.99,

im definetly checking tomorrow though:)

bladebrew wrote: »
    I was looking at cans in tesco yesterday, they had 3 different ales in cans, the two either side were priced individually but the ones in the middle were priced as 4x500ml so you could only buy 4, maybe they mixed them up as the 4 pack was near €6 while the the single cans were €1.99,

im definetly checking tomorrow though:)

It was a pricing mistake, tesco seem to do it every few weeks when they get new canned ales in, they fix them sharpish though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

I went to tesco in douglas earlier, same as blueshed said in naas, i bought 4 cans of marstons pedigree for €1.99, the bottles are €2.79,
    the cans are 4.5% abv and the bottles 5%, not sure why though,
    i would reckon it is a mistake unless its horrible i have never tasted it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,675 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Probably mentioned already, but I've read that FES is now 1.75 in Tesco.

I haven't actually seen it myself, though I did receive a call from a friend looking at it in a Galway store.

I am paying 2.43 in my local Centra.

Geuze wrote: »
    Probably mentioned already, but I've read that FES is now 1.75 in Tesco.

I haven't actually seen it myself, though I did receive a call from a friend looking at it in a Galway store.

I am paying 2.43 in my local Centra.

It's true, bought 3 bottles last friday. Wasn't a "special offer" tag either, looks like that will be the regular price.

Happy days :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

someone have a word with lidl for me, need to see 4 for €5 franziskaner for christmas!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭howyanow

I know its not a beer but didnt knoe where else to post this
    for those of you in Galway,O'Leary's in Salthill have reduced the Bushmills 16 year old down to €49.99 until Friday.they are aslo raffling off a bottle of the bushmills 1608 for €2 tickets.
    this i spotted on their facebook page

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

In Lidl from tomorrow Saturday....

6 x Beamish Draught - €6
    4 x Singha - €5 (ongoing for last 2 weeks)

That Beamish offer is too good to turn down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

Not sure if it's been mentioned before, but M&S have 3 for €7 on some of their beers. Got the Belgian one with a pink label (meh), the Southwold Winter IPA (AKA Adnams Innovation, yum) and their Irish Stout (made by O'Haras, like a halfway house between their stout and Leann Follain, also yum). There were a few others on offer but I can't remember what they were.

Bought in Liffey Valley, though I assume it's in all their stores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

tinner777 wrote: »
    someone have a word with lidl for me, need to see 4 for €5 franziskaner for christmas!!!

Thanks!!! Just stocked up for christmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,236 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

yesterday LIDL had
    Blue moon @ €6 for 4 bottle
    Brahma @ €10 for 12 bottles
    Hoegaarden @ €5 for 4 bottles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Sierra nevada back at 1.50 bottle in tesco. Happy xmas drinking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Tesco still have the 5 for a tenner still running but with a greatly reduced range . At least in tesco carlow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

stuchyg wrote: »
    Sierra nevada back at 1.50 bottle in tesco. Happy xmas drinking
    What Tesco?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Tesco still have the 5 for a tenner still running but with a greatly reduced range . At least in tesco carlow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

BaZmO* wrote: »
    What Tesco?

Douglas has its shelves PACKED with the stuff. Picked up 2 bottles earlier. Theyre very nice and i shallst be going back for more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

No Sierra Nevada left Prussia st might try tesco cabra later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Hogzy wrote: »

Douglas has its shelves PACKED with the stuff. Picked up 2 bottles earlier. Theyre very nice and i shallst be going back for more.
    :( Too far for me. I'd get a box if found some.

Advertisement