Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good Drink Bargain Alerts!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Whitewater's Belfast Lager, Stout, Ale and Clothworth Dobbin are all £1.50 a bottle in Sainsburys up north. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Beer tasting tray €4 at Beerhouse Dublin. Have never been but they have some ok beers on their menus.

http://www.grabone.ie/dublin/beerhouse

'Your tasting tray consists of a slate of three half-pints from the keg of your choice...'

3 x Leann Follain please barkeep :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

^^^
    Could you just pay €7 and get 3 full pints?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

Hogzy wrote: »
    ^^^
    Could you just pay €7 and get 3 full pints?

maybe €8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Guyanachronism

I was in bison bar on wellington quay a week ago and they had "whiskey sampling" four standard measures of whiskey for €15. At the time it included Jameson 12 year, a japanese 51% alchol content, Scotch and Bourbon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

Dunnes have stopped running the promo on craft beers - anyone got any other suggestions ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,251 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

s8n wrote: »
    Dunnes have stopped running the promo on craft beers - anyone got any other suggestions ?

Superquinn still have the 6 for 5 offer at the minute but it's not much use if you aren't residing in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Superquinn still have the 6 for 5 offer at the minute but it's not much use if you aren't residing in Dublin.

Why is that :)

No dead pony club or punk with the last week in Waterford :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,251 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Why is that :)

No dead pony club or punk with the last week in Waterford :(

Apart from Carlow, Limerick, Clonmel, Waterford, Kilkenny, Port Laois and to a lesser extent Brayruit and Charlesland then I stand corrected :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Svyturys Baltic for 1.50 a 500ml bottle in Dunnes Briarhill, Galway
    Never tried it but sure at that price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

well lads has anyone spotted any good deals on slabs of beer(cans) for electric picnic all im seeing is deals on bottles.. thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

well lads has anyone spotted any good deals on slabs of beer(cans) for electric picnic all im seeing is deals on bottles.. thanks

Tesco have macro slabs on offer basically every day of the week.

Edit: that's probably bottles though, as you said, now that I think of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

The best value in Tesco was their own brand blue and white cans. I always went for those when I was there. I think they have slightly more expensive ones that have green on the cans.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

The best value in Tesco was their own brand blue and white cans. I always went for those when I was there. I think they have slightly more expensive ones that have green on the cans.

your sick :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭grimbergen

s8n wrote: »

Dunnes still had some today. I was in the Beacon Dunnes and they had 8 degrees on promotion for 1.50 a bottle which is good value. I bought a dozen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

McCambridge's on shop street in Galway will be doing 4 for a tenner on the Galway Bay beers in the next while, which is a decent deal for the likes of Full Sail and Buried at Sea.

They already do the same deal on the O'Hara's range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Tesco have 3 for €7 on at the moment decent enough selection

I got 2 of each,
    Tribute
    Proper Job
    Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

No eight degrees in dunnes today, but six packs of howling gale and irish red in tesco for 10.99

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭rudboy

Warsteiner, 5 for a tenner in my local spar (not sure if thats in all of 'em..)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Blut2

Warsteiner was 1eur a bottle for years in O'Briens then disappeared and came back as a rather expensive beer. Whatever happened with that?

rudboy wrote: »
    Warsteiner, 5 for a tenner in my local spar (not sure if thats in all of 'em..)

5 for €9 in Dunnes, not really a bad beer but there are better alternatives.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Blut2 wrote: »
    Warsteiner was 1eur a bottle for years in O'Briens then disappeared and came back as a rather expensive beer. Whatever happened with that?

I remember it being €1 for a 330ml bottle alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,571 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Tesco have 3 for €7 on at the moment decent enough selection

I got 2 of each,
    Tribute
    Proper Job
    Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

St Austell Tribute? I have a few cans in the fridge that I bought in the brewery.
    Didn't think it was available over here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Heroditas wrote: »
    St Austell Tribute? I have a few cans in the fridge that I bought in the brewery.
    Didn't think it was available over here!

Yep, Proper Job is St Austell too. 500ml bottles

Never tried either before. Enjoyed both, slight preference for tribute, Will try and get a few more in before the deal ends

Yep, Proper Job is St Austell too. 500ml bottles

Never tried either before. Enjoyed both, slight preference for tribute, Will try and get a few more in before the deal ends

Love Proper Job, funnily enough I'd prefer it to Tribute.
    Also have a few of the limited edition St Austell Big Job bottles tucked away for a special occasion and a case of St Austell HSD.

• Advertisement

Also have a few of the limited edition St Austell Big Job bottles tucked away for a special occasion.

Worth checking out? I noticed it in Devenney's last night. Proper Job is very nice but not exactly a favourite of mine.

Ravelleman wrote: »
    Worth checking out? I noticed it in Devenney's last night. Proper Job is very nice but not exactly a favourite of mine.

There were bottles of Big Job??!! They only made 3 barrels of it this year and after giving away samples in the brewery pub, there was only enough left for 90 x 12 bottle cases!
    A rare beast indeed!
    It's essentially an imperial version of Proper Job so of you're not too fond of Proper Job, it might not be to your taste.

There were bottles of Big Job??!! They only made 3 barrels of it this year and after giving away samples in the brewery pub, there was only enough left for 90 x 12 bottle cases!
    A rare beast indeed!
    It's essentially an imperial version of Proper Job so of you're not too fond of Proper Job, it might not be to your taste.

Yeah, a couple of bottles, from what I saw. Just double checked and the bottles were definitely the same. I'll stroll up and get myself one tomorrow if they're still there.

I like Proper Job but there are others I prefer at the moment. It's still very tasty and I certainly wouldn't say no to one!

McSorleys in Ranelagh will be doing €4 crafty pints from 2nd-6th September. They have Sierra Nevada, 5am Saint, O'hara's Red, Hooker, Crean's and a guest beer on draught, I believe.

Devenney's have an offer of five Left Hand Nitro Stouts for €10 at the moment and are well stocked. A fantastic deal, if you ask me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Andre Salmon

Lilac wines in Fairview are shutting their doors today.
    They are selling craft beer at 20% discount.
    I went in last night and it was very busy so planning to call in early today and pick up some bargains

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Lilac wines in Fairview are shutting their doors today.
    They are selling craft beer at 20% discount.
    I went in last night and it was very busy so planning to call in early today and pick up some bargains

Sad to see it go, sadder that I didn't know it when I was in work yesterday and could have popped in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Sign in Lilac wines says they're relocating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

Sweetman are doing after work Thursday.
    Bring 5 people between 5 and 7.
    Get a free pitcher and finger food.
    Catch: make sure a table is booked before 4 on Thursday.

I know where I'm going every Thursday after college!:D

Scortho wrote: »
    Sweetman are doing after work Thursday.
    Bring 5 people between 5 and 7.
    Get a free pitcher and finger food.
    Catch: make sure a table is booked before 4 on Thursday.

I know where I'm going every Thursday after college!:D

Its for after work, you students get enough freebies and deals :D:p

Its for after work, you students get enough freebies and deals :D:p

Feck off will ye...us students will drink you work guys under the table.
    Also you can't miss work the next morning!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭adocholiday

To all (or at least some) of the German beer enthusiasts, Tesco in Stillorgan are currently selling Erdinger Dunkel at the grand price of €1 per bottle. Fantastic value. Don't know if its all Tesco's but definitely that one. Offer runs until the 30th September.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

Whelan's off-license are doing 4 x Sierra Nevada 2012 Celebration Ale for €10 with a free Sierra Nevada glass :D

MonstaMash wrote: »
    Whelan's off-license are doing 4 x Sierra Nevada 2012 Celebration Ale for €10 with a free Sierra Nevada glass :D

WANT! do they deliver? :D

MonstaMash wrote: »

Where's that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Scortho wrote: »
    Where's that?

If it's Dublin, Whelans off licence is on Wexford street it's beside whelans bar and bobos burgers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,799 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Bargain Beer, Wine, etc threads merged & stickied.

tHB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Superquinn. 6 Belgian Beers for €12.

Including the fantastic Delirium Tremens, working out at €2 each. Jaysus. The white Chimay is there too as is Tripel Karmeliet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Grayditch wrote: »
    Superquinn. 6 Belgian Beers for €12.

Including the fantastic Delirium Tremens, working out at €2 each. Jaysus. The white Chimay is there too as is Tripel Karmeliet.

They have Kwak too, but not the receptacle it is usually drank from!
    Ah well...

Beerhouse on Capel st, vat free drinks all day today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Beerhouse on Capel st, vat free drinks all day today

Cool, I'm on a diet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

ATG et al said they won't pass on the budget increase on their own beers

Trouble Brewing have also made the same commitment

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

ATG et al said they won't pass on the budget increase on their own beers

Trouble Brewing have also made the same commitment

Also good to note that it's a 10c increase in beer duty but since microbrewers get a 50% rebate the price of craft in the pub should only go up by 5c. Of course you can imagine what most publicans will do...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Tesco are doing 4 Paulaner Oktoberfest 500mls for €9. €2.25 each, not bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭OneWayBet

At 5 for 10 I was stocking up but at 4 for 9 I'm more inclined to go to Aldi to pick up some Schofferhofer for about 1.70 which is also a very good Hefe.

Advertisement